German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois

Ron Burgundy

My parents have a Belgian terveuren and I would say definately try and find a tervueren or a malinois...best dogs in the world. Only thing is they are hard to find if you don't want a show dog. The breeder we got Anubis from was Basque lane breeders out in tipp city...start there. My family were the only ones to pick up one of there dogs as a pet, but that was five years ago. Shoot me and email address and I will send some pictures of Anubis to you.

If you like long hair dogs but don't want a lot of fur around the house...these dogs are great and hypoallergenic.

Here are some pics of Anubis, the Grenendal is a little bit bigger than Anubis and all black and the Malinois i believe is a little smaller but will have the same coloring but short haired

picture.php?albumid=788&pictureid=8550&thumb=1

"Why are taking a picture? Can't you see I'm trying to find a good place for a dump here?"

picture.php?albumid=788&pictureid=8551&thumb=1

"Whew! Do NOT go over there!"

picture.php?albumid=788&pictureid=8549&thumb=1

"POWERDUMP! I need a nap now."

:lol:

Agreed with both notes.

Unfortunately, German Shepherds in the US have been bred down to a less than hardy breed of dog. Nothing against the dog, but the majority of breeding programs have been for money, not the betterment of the breed.

You can get US bred GSD's that are better than German/Chek bred GSD's you just have to do your homework.

The "bettermant of the breed" goes for all breeds of dog and it is sad that GSD's are popular and it's true people do breed them for $$, but it's up to us not to fall for that scam.

I have always had GSD's right now I have 2 that are excellent Shutzhund GSD's but I would never think of breeding any dog because that should be left to the pro's

That being said, some of the best bred GSD's can be found in the midwest.. One thing you do want is to make sure both parents have been tested for HD, even the parents parents, that will give you piece of mind.

You can get US bred GSD's that are better than German/Chek bred GSD's you just have to do your homework.

The "bettermant of the breed" goes for all breeds of dog and it is sad that GSD's are popular and it's true people do breed them for $$, but it's up to us not to fall for that scam.

I have always had GSD's right now I have 2 that are excellent Shutzhund GSD's but I would never think of breeding any dog because that should be left to the pro's

That being said, some of the best bred GSD's can be found in the midwest.. One thing you do want is to make sure both parents have been tested for HD, even the parents parents, that will give you piece of mind.

It all depends on the breeder, also ask for references and to actually see/meet the sire and dam.

Many breeds have been screwed over for money via the show ring or popularization.

Take your time in picking out the breed or the breeders. There are web forums for just about every breed.

thanks for the info guys! i got me a 3 year old male fully trained police german shepherd!! i pick him up next week sometime from a K-9 handler school! full blooded and through a good line of breeders! trained in apprehension and tracking! the best part is that he is FREE!

nice whats his name?

oh and rossi will still kick his ass

thanks for the info guys! i got me a 3 year old male fully trained police german shepherd!! i pick him up next week sometime from a K-9 handler school! full blooded and through a good line of breeders! trained in apprehension and tracking! the best part is that he is FREE!

that's awesome. police dogs are usually really good, and it's nice when they get to enjoy retirement :)

You can't beat that! Post some pics when you pick him up.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang dude, I want one also. I've had several German Shepard or Belgians, but don't have one right now. Another Malinois is what I was thinking of after having a female black Groendal and a male tan/white Malinois. Any Belgian Sheepdog/Shepard is great.

Dang dude, I want one also. I've had several German Shepard or Belgians, but don't have one right now. Another Malinois is what I was thinking of after having a female black Groendal and a male tan/white Malinois. Any Belgian Sheepdog/Shepard is great.

+1