Not all the gravel on the road gets there accidentally

kzz21

About a month ago I went out riding and when I got back there was a solid line of gravel across my side street. I knew how it got there, I see it all the time on 36, 541 and 79 (everywhere). It was time to find out which idiots were responsible and make them stop. I called the people in charge. They told me that private contractors were responsible and would make them stop. They did that time. Now there doing it again. They put down the material then spread it with a grader. The operator is to lazy to lift the blade at intersections. They do the same thing everywhere. When they smooth the material with the grader depending on the angle of the road, gravel ends up on the road, mostly in corners. HOW MANY OF OUR GRAVEL ACCIDENTS ARE THESE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR? When cars go off the road and kick some up thats one thing, but this is preventable. If everyone on here that rides in the area calls maybe they will stop being lazy and when it gets on the road sweep it off. I wonder if we all call, tell them to stop and they continue to put the gravel into the road we can make them pay for damages. The state can at least put in the private contractors contract that they are responsible for keeping the gravel off the road that they put down.

In the spring time here, they go around and put gravel just off the pavement on the inside of curves. The cars and wide vehicles tend to run off the road in these places and sort of dig a hole over time. They always put the gravel in a heaping pile trying to make it last. The first car that runs off the road sweeps tons of loose gravel into the curve. You would think motorcycles didnt exist, huh?

I've seen some places that do this then spray tar on the gravel to hold it in place. I wish our maintenance people would take notice of this...... Spring time here is a complete hazard....

Private residents put gravel and oil the road. Tired of all the bikes racing by their homes.

Remember last summer on the dragon someone oiled a couple of corners. I have heard storys of it happening on a couple of roads around here.

The only advice is don't ride the ragged edge, ride with enough of a margin to be able to survive a mistake or slip on gravel.

Private residents put gravel and oil the road. Tired of all the bikes racing by their homes.

Remember last summer on the dragon someone oiled a couple of corners. I have heard storys of it happening on a couple of roads around here.

The only advice is don't ride the ragged edge, ride with enough of a margin to be able to survive a mistake or slip on gravel.

are you seroius ????? attempted homicide ........:beating:

There isn't a corner out here that doesn't have gravel in it. Mostly because the driveways are gravel, the roads are chip and pave, and the berm is gravel. I have become very used to riding through gravel in corners. But I suppose having DS tires makes a big difference compared to racing slicks.

are you seroius ????? attempted homicide ........:beating:

Saw this and the original opener....and thought....Welcome to our world.

I always count on gravel at the worst possible moment and it pretty much is always where you don't want it. It's almost always on the inside of really tight turns. Cars/trucks dropping a wheel off and kicking stones and dirt onto the pavement.

BUT>>>

I had a supervisor that made a point to mention how he hated them sportbikes. Wanted to swerve into their lanes and talked of throwing rocks out as they flew by his house. I quit riding my bike to work as, Uh things seemed to happen to it while I was in working. I tried to park it where I could keep and eye on it, but someone reported me and the big brass said, "Must park out with the others." The parking area was next to the outside break area. I quit riding it as those cretins were perfectly cabable of finding a wrench and loosening something. I mean, if my Vette can get five flats in a month with puntures by the same kind of self-tapping screws used out on the floor. It became a nightly inspection before getting into the vehicle.

Welcome to our world! So kzz and I will keep our tin foil hats!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles
Yes, you read SUPERVISOR

Saw this and the original opener....and thought....Welcome to our world.

I always count on gravel at the worst possible moment and it pretty much is always where you don't want it. It's almost always on the inside of really tight turns. Cars/trucks dropping a wheel off and kicking stones and dirt onto the pavement.

BUT>>>

I had a supervisor that made a point to mention how he hated them sportbikes. Wanted to swerve into their lanes and talked of throwing rocks out as they flew by his house. I quit riding my bike to work as, Uh things seemed to happen to it while I was in working. I tried to park it where I could keep and eye on it, but someone reported me and the big brass said, "Must park out with the others." The parking area was next to the outside break area. I quit riding it as those cretins were perfectly cabable of finding a wrench and loosening something. I mean, if my Vette can get five flats in a month with puntures by the same kind of self-tapping screws used out on the floor. It became a nightly inspection before getting into the vehicle.

Welcome to our world! So kzz and I will keep our tin foil hats!

Uhh.. Sounds like time to get a new job, someone fired, or a P.I. and a lawyer.

fixed for ya, and that sucks, I thought where I worked was a hole

Appreciate and Thanks, it most likely still IS, ...but stands as a WAS for me. Ain't there no mo-BUT I gotz lots of abusive stories-problee another string to be started.

60* so just back in...Yep, just when I see that it'd be great thru this turn - gravel.

Maybe not but I have read of motorcyclist sewing construction companies working on public roads that created hazardous situations for motorcyclist without posting warnings. Never heard about any outcomes but I'm sure they'd have gotten more for spilling coffee in their lap. :lol: