clutch cable replacement help

kevo9312

well i think its the right length but i just cant seem to get into both of the bezels. i can get it into one but when i try to put it in the other its just too short. I ordered the correct part so im not sure what im doing wrong. 513-907-5147. if you can. give me a call so i can better explain.

pop it into the engine side first. Mine had a spring on that side, release the spring so you can get all the slack. The slip it into your lever. You might have to turn the adjustment screw in or out to get it in. Put the little metal piece at the end in first and rotate the cable into its groove. Hook your spring back up, tighten and adjust. You should be good to go. Hope this helps. I just did mine a couple of months ago after it broke and took about 10mins in my parking lot. GL

alright, managed to get it all in place and its working fine. thanks for the help.

Just make sure everything is tight and it is adjusted properly, that is really important. Make sure you read the manual to find out how much slack should be in it. Glad you got it on though.

DO A FULL FULL FULL FULL FULL CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT!!!!

Do yourself a favor and do the full clutch adjustment, don't just adjust the cable slack with the adjuster up by the clutch lever.... read your manual and do a full adjustment, just did mine yesterday and GOD it's sexy. It's something that you are suppose to do every 4k miles/12 months so my guess is your due for one anyways (since most people never do it)... it'll make things so much nicer.

DO A FULL FULL FULL FULL FULL CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT!!!!

Do yourself a favor and do the full clutch adjustment, don't just adjust the cable slack with the adjuster up by the clutch lever.... read your manual and do a full adjustment, just did mine yesterday and GOD it's sexy. It's something that you are suppose to do every 4k miles/12 months so my guess is your due for one anyways (since most people never do it)... it'll make things so much nicer.

How do you do that? I haven't read anything in my manual about a "full" adjustment.

there are "usually" two adjusting nuts near your ignition cover. if its not there (it should be since its a yamaha) then just follow your line until you find something along the lines of two nuts (... :p)

these are your "major" adjustments, these will get you in the ballpark of where you're supposed to be.

the dial by the lever is your "minor" adjustment, this is how you fine tune to get it exactly where you are supposed to be.

both these major and minor adjustments will add up to a full adjustment.

there are "usually" two adjusting nuts near your ignition cover. if its not there (it should be since its a yamaha) then just follow your line until you find something along the lines of two nuts (... :p)

these are your "major" adjustments, these will get you in the ballpark of where you're supposed to be.

the dial by the lever is your "minor" adjustment, this is how you fine tune to get it exactly where you are supposed to be.

both these major and minor adjustments will add up to a full adjustment.

Oh, yeah I knew about those . Didn't think about that being a full adj. Thanks though.