AR Shopping

Todd#43

it's common tactical sense. a group of people bust in to rob a bank. if they intend to use lethal force on armed guards, more than likely they are going to use the same on anyone else that they see with a gun. remember, people usually think that a person with an open carry is usually a cop, either plain clothes or off duty.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's smart, you just shot a plain clothes officer....

concealing allows for you to assess the situation before you draw/show your weapon. and ok, maybe they don't "bust" in, but there are still bank robberings involving multiple armed men taking hostages. Remember the shootouts out west??

not to mention if there is ever a terrorist situation that you are caught in the middle of.... There are so many crazy people out there that you can't expect anyone to act any certain way. look at what happened at Ft. Hood. There are many cases in which people have just walked in and shot people for no apparent reason. Who gets targeted first? Perceived threats.

Edited by owndjoo

What? How can you relate the situation at Fort Hood to open carry when carrying guns isn't even allowed on a military base? I don't follow your example... :confused:

Man, you sure talk some big shit for someone who just shot a plain clothes pilice officer at a bank robbering!

the plain clothes officer situation isn't just a bank. if you just shoot someone who has a gun pulled you are breaking the law. unless the weapon is pointed at you or you know exactly what the situation is, you cannot fire on someone.

ft. hood is used as an example of crazy people and their unpredictability, just like school shootings, and the incidents of random shootings around the country.

there are real world examples of people busting/driving into buildings and opening fire on strangers. look it up. I've seen multiple reports before. One such that comes to mind the assailant was killed by a man with a concealed gun. Now had a person been carrying openly in that situation things may or may not have ended differently. I agree that a smart criminal would be deterred by the sight of a weapon, however it is the mentally unstable/extremely desperate that no one can predict how they will act. Yes, the situations I speak of are extremely rare, however it only takes one incident.

there are real world examples of people busting/driving into buildings and opening fire on strangers. look it up. I've seen multiple reports before. One such that comes to mind the assailant was killed by a man with a concealed gun. Now had a person been carrying openly in that situation things may or may not have ended differently.

So you don't know if open or concealed would have made a difference? For all you know open carry could have acted as a deterrent if that had been the case and no one would have gotten shot...

I agree that a smart criminal would be deterred by the sight of a weapon,

so you agree open carry is better in this situation then?

however it is the mentally unstable/extremely desperate that no one can predict how they will act.

So you admit in this case you can't tell if conceal or open makes any difference because they are unpredictable.

i admit that in a situation in which open carry deters it is good. however if it only makes you a target then it is bad. there are good and bad parts of both. However in the public situation I prefer to remain unknown unless i need to use my weapon

Hey' date=' Kettle... how you doin'? :p

Yeah, we jacked your shit. Whatcha' gonna' do.. shoot us??!!??!!:thefinger:[/quote']

I would, but I haven't found an AR to buy yet.

Well, I found one a local Shop, but the gubmint says my purchase has been "delayed".

"Justice delayed is justice denied"

Where's Al notsoSharpton when you need him??

OMG THE WHOLE WORLD IS OUT TO GET ME! EVERYONE HAS AN AGENDA THAT INVOLVES ME BEING PLOTTED AGAINST!!!!

on another note, did you decide on a gun show to head to or still scouring the classifieds?

huh? What?

Did you read my post? I found one, with some extras, for a decent price at a local shop, but the Government said my purchase has been "delayed". Not denied, mind you, just delayed.

WTF?

huh? What?

Did you read my post? I found one, with some extras, for a decent price at a local shop, but the Government said my purchase has been "delayed". Not denied, mind you, just delayed.

WTF?

It's probably because you're red flagged.... you're welcome :)

It's probably because you're red flagged.... you're welcome :)

Obviously, I'm on the "further review" list.

Still a bunch of bullshit if you ask me though.

Columbus Gun Show at the Vets Memorial is this coming weekend, Nov. 28-29. I plan on hitting it up. Trying to find a Sig 522 on the cheap.

http://www.columbusgunshow.com/

Supposedly there's a show in Akron the following weekend. I may try to make it out to that. C-Bus is a bit of a hoof from up here, and I'm a bit lazy.

i'm probably gonna drop by there. thinking about selling my Sig P229 .40sw

as far as AR's go, I'd suggest definitely look into having one built for you by a good armorer. i'm sure ar15 forums have a good selection of people who will build one for you. the nice thing about having one built is that the armorer will know from experience what part to deburr where, and do function tests while they build. at least mine did.

as far as AR's go, I'd suggest definitely look into having one built for you by a good armorer. i'm sure ar15 forums have a good selection of people who will build one for you. the nice thing about having one built is that the armorer will know from experience what part to deburr where, and do function tests while they build. at least mine did.

Thats basically what I did with the AR that I found.

A shop not far from me built both my 45's (back in the day). He's now been building AR's too.

Of course, I don't have it just yet. :mad: