9mm AR15?

DLN1223

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how you like them m9s??

idk its the only pistol ive ever fired. i just use it for running around the base. out on missions, if i cant handle someone with the 240 or m4, then i better start praying.

Army owns those boys, not you.

actually the army owns me too :(

Edited by Benyen Soljax

Too bad their not yours.. Army owns those boys, not you.

doesnt mean you cant have fun with them.. the army pays us to shoot their toys... nothing wrong with that at all!!!

idk its the only pistol ive ever fired. i just use it for running around the base. out on missions, if i cant handle someone with the 240 or m4, then i better start praying.

actually the army owns me too :(

+1 lol... I think I like the m4 the most. But thats probably cuz I'm kinda scrawny and the SAW kinda kicked my ass around at first.. lol

i have not seen a 1911. personal weapons are not allowed. hell, i dont think my battallion of infantry guys has shot anyone since ive been here. i only remember one report of our guys actually returning fire on something. the SF guys might have some of those 1911s, as they have every weapons system they want to, but even they have more strict rules nowadays.

But thats probably cuz I'm kinda scrawny and the SAW kinda kicked my ass around at first.. lol

just wait till you get some time with a 240, 50 cal, or a mark 19. those are all way better than the SAW.

Edited by Benyen Soljax

i know of guys buyin their own shit to put on their guns(ACOGS, PEQ-II, etc.), as well as pickin up stuff. seen a few guys carryin m79's out there. This may be more of a marine issue than army, though. The Beretta pistols are garbage.

If you just want a 9mm range toy, a Hi-Point carbine is ridiculously cheap but lots of fun. ARs are way too expensive to buy in a pistol caliber.

You can find a used Beretta CX4 Storm cheaper than the AR as well, if Hi-point's reputation creeps you out.

But the Hi-Point I had was reasonably reliable and accurate enough for range fun. In the years I had it, it jammed exactly twice, using the Walmart bulk winchester white-box.

The beauty of the AR platform is its expandability. I can add a 9mm upper and get better accuracy, better quality, higher capacity magazines and when I get bored, switch back to 223. The hipoint carbine is the rare exception in the hipoint line, but its certainly not the end all be all in pistol caliber carbines.

The beauty of the AR platform is its expandability. I can add a 9mm upper and get better accuracy, better quality, higher capacity magazines and when I get bored, switch back to 223. The hipoint carbine is the rare exception in the hipoint line, but its certainly not the end all be all in pistol caliber carbines.

better accuracy with a 9mm? no way in hell

anyone over there ditchin their m9 for a 1911? i've heard of people doin it, but my cuz (army capt.) said personal stuff is a no no.

In 05 my unit was trying to get the okay from higher to take personal side arms but that got shot down so I think it depends on the unit, mission and what the highers feel is necessary and a calculated risk that is okay to take.

i know of guys buyin their own shit to put on their guns(ACOGS, PEQ-II, etc.), .

Yeah thats pretty normal to do. If they military doesn't issue it and you need it/want it, guys will get it.

My unit was dicked up when it came to our weapons though. Because I was in an M88 (a tracked vehicle difficult to get in and out of) I was supposed to get an M4 and 9mm. Instead we all got a brand new M16A4 with red dot sights, I forget the nomenclature though. Which was a pain in the ass trying to get in and out of the hatch with.

i know of guys buyin their own shit to put on their guns(ACOGS, PEQ-II, etc.), as well as pickin up stuff. seen a few guys carryin m79's out there. This may be more of a marine issue than army, though. The Beretta pistols are garbage.

yeah you can buy your own scope. i wouldnt want to drop the $$$ on a peq-2 tho. kinda useless once you give them back your NODs. no war trophies anymore.

ive never seen an m79, that thing looks so old. not to mention nobody is shooting grenades right now. theres actually a new M203 replacement that all the new guys have called the M320. its detachable and looks like a 9mm strapped to the bottom of the M4.

hires_090701-A-3108M-005c.jpg