ATI AT-14 AR-15 .410 upper info

Gump

I have not shot it yet. Seems very light. Plastic forend (has a very slight shimmy), the Picanny rail is a hair too wide for my m1 rear site for some reason so i put the scope on it..

The thing is built in Turkey. SAFIR Arms.

Covered in some kind of blue/black thick lube.

Comes with a allen wrench for the front site.

The instructions say only use 2 3/4" .410 shells?

Uh, 2 1/2" Winchester high brass 4 shot does not fit. They are a 1/16" too long for the mag. Winchester 2 1/2" slugs yes. 2 1/2" labeled shells are actually 2 1/4". Federal 6 shot fits.

The mags are all plastic but assemble and disassemble easily, I already put a block in it to limit the capacity to three shells.

It fits good and tight with the Stag lower.

Edited by Gump

Shot this thing today. jammed a few times. I had my mag spring out of place. Either I was all over the place or the gun was. Got the scope dialed in. After 15 rounds the last 5 were tight. Holds a good pattern. Seemed like it needed lead in the barrel to start shooting straight.

It's very very picky about shells. If a shell is slightly longer than normal it will drag in the mag.

Nice shot with the mercy kill. I'm sure it was painless. Could you imagine as a human getting stuck on a glue trap and starving or freezing to death or getting stepped on for that matter? Do you ever think about how much pain and terror that little mouse went thru as he/she laid there stuck wondering what was going to happen. Frantically struggling, wishing to pull itself out of it's own skin to be free again. possibly even chewing on it's own limb to get free only injuring itself in the process and bleeding to death buy it's own actions? One heck of a panic attack that would be. Nice Job.

• 1 year later...
The breech bolt broke in two pieces. Anyone have any experiece dealing with Safir arms?

That's incredible. I'd think it would have to fire out of battery to do that. Either a head space issue or a slam fire or both.

Here's a return link I found, for their product service center in the USA.

But I'd call, fax, or email first:

http://tactical.desktopmarket.com/catalog/information.php?info_id=8

http://tactical.desktopmarket.com/catalog/information.php?info_id=15

http://tactical.desktopmarket.com/catalog/contact_us.php?osCsid=4311619c46b2e20254481a70bbdfdab9

• 4 weeks later...

Buddy got thru to ATI (the importer) who I thought originally told me to contact SAFIR (the manufacturer) and got me a RA # to send it back and they said they will fix it for free and test it properly before sending it back if I send the whole upper. Sent it today. We'll see what happens. Hopefully they'll fix it right, it never really seemed to work 100%. I couldn't use the 15 shot mag ever and with the 5 shot mag it jammed or didn't jam it was always a crapshoot.