Big Ring around the Moon

KL9 F4i

So has anyone else seen this big ring around the moon tonight? It looks awesome!!! Apparently ice crystals formed in the upper layers of the atmosphere which refract the moonlight and act as a giant lense which created the glowing halo effect.

:D good for you!!! That place is an awesome place to learn!!! And the for sale section=heaven for me. But I still haven't bought anything from anyone yet though :rolleyes:

Me too! Unfortunately my wallet isnt on the same page as me! But I did order a set of tubes off there, still waiting to get em tho. But in general it seems like ppl have success buying/selling on there.

I've actually seen it quite a few times in the last few years..

Edited by exSRAaron

I saw one of those last year in late December. I was leaving a girls house late at night and the sky was perfectly clear...I looked up and saw that. I probably stood in her front yard and stared at the moon for 5 minutes; it had to have been a bit creepy to anyone who saw me, but goddamn was that awesome to see in person.

:D good for you!!! That place is an awesome place to learn!!! And the for sale section=heaven for me. But I still haven't bought anything from anyone yet though :rolleyes:

'Understanding Exposure' is on my wish list for Christmas, so hopefully after I delve into that book a little, I will understand what folks are saying on the forum.

'Understanding Exposure' is on my wish list for Christmas, so hopefully after I delve into that book a little, I will understand what folks are saying on the forum.

The book is great and the way it's written is perfect for a beginner. On POTN this forum Know How: General Photography has a bunch of great threads. This thread from there Know How: General Photography Links has a ton of great resources for all sorts of things. There's a few links in the top section that should be good for beginning photographer info and even tutorials.