American Chopper

Fonzie

Not sure I totally agree with that. I think the reason they were on the verge of bankruptcy is because Jr took his persona & talent & left No, they've been hurting for a couple years now.

They weren't anything more than a regional chopper shop 'til TLC did that Jesse James 2 part documentary. Then OCC got their own show right after that, & Pauly promptly built the 911 Firebike.... I think there was only a handful of bikes before it. Without that bike, at that specific time in history.... Not sure they would've taken off the way they did

I do not disagree that Jr. has come up with some creative ideas in the past. If you think about it, Discovery really created/fueled the chopper craze.

Like I said earlier.... None of the bikes since he left the show have near the detail or creativity IMO. It's mostly Jason Pool cadding everything for the water jet, or Sr regurgitating old ideas that he thinks he can make minimal changes to & voila'.... People will think it's new. Kinda like the 4th generation or whatever it was, Web bike for Jeannette Lee recently.

Have you noticed how 1 bike used to take 3-5 episodes, and now even this wheelchair trike they did last night, which is a radical departure from what they typically do.... Only made up half the show? But even then, they really took a lot from that EMT bike with the crash cart sidecar they did a month or 2 ago, so the whole time I kinda felt like I was watching the same bike built again... Only a bit different. And was it just me... WTH wasn't there a damn Superman logo somewhere on the Christopher Reeves bike?!? :dunno:

Seems to me like Sr was really into getting the pre-fab production "customs" line going for them as a steady stream of income, and the detail oriented creativity walked out the door with Pauly, who would sometimes have sooo much detail on the bikes, I would think it was overkill

Irregardless..... I don't really watch it for the bikes anymore anyways.... Just the trainwreck. I fast forwarded through all the "build" stuff ;)

The 'creativity' has been gone for years. They've been stagnant since about the time they started doing their own frames and went into major production.

The show got old and Discovery couldn't bring in many new big companies to have bikes built. Because let's be honest, those companies weren't that interested in having choppers, they were interested in having their name on TV for an hour- and they paid for that opportunity.

Less companies coming in led to Discovery taking smaller amounts of money and that led to less interesting/less expensive bikes.

The 'creativity' has been gone for years. They've been stagnant since about the time they started doing their own frames and went into major production.

The show got old and Discovery couldn't bring in many new big companies to have bikes built. Because let's be honest, those companies weren't that interested in having choppers, they were interested in having their name on TV for an hour- and they paid for that opportunity.

Less companies coming in led to Discovery taking smaller amounts of money and that led to less interesting/less expensive bikes.

Some good points. Always wondered WTH all these companies wanted with a damn custom chopper.... Never thought about it the way you position it above. Makes perfect sense

I just chuckle when I watch this show. Back in the early 70's I befriended a guy in my neighborhood that built machines every bit as nice as theirs. The only vendor he used was a plater. He fabricated springer front ends, built motors, laced wheels, upholstered seats and did gorgeous custom paint work...all in the garage of a suburban split level!

I just chuckle when I watch this show. Back in the early 70's I befriended a guy in my neighborhood that built machines every bit as nice as theirs. The only vendor he used was a plater. He fabricated springer front ends, built motors, laced wheels, upholstered seats and did gorgeous custom paint work...all in the garage of a suburban split level!

Yeah.... They're kinda like a general contractor of customizers

I wish they would all come to their senses and get back together and be level headed.

I still say a spin-off with Jr, Mikey, Vinny & maybe Rick would be entertaining

• 1 month later...

Absolutely no mention during the show that this was to be the last show. Brief reminiscing out of the clear blue about how much fun they had destroying the old shop, & Mikey selling the old family homestead.... That was it

I was saddened by this episode as well. Big surprise Jr's money grubbing ho wants to get married big deal. I thought it was pretty big d move on Sr's part by having his trophy wife's family over and none of his own. I heard words that Vinny and the kid were getting their own show on some off channel on direct tv?

failure like likwids olympic thread

Or like a certain someone saying they're gonna show at Buddy's 2 weeks ago.... But as anticipated.... Was a no show even though it's like 10 minutes from their home

Troll on Dude

Or like a certain someone saying they're gonna show at Buddy's 2 weeks ago.... But as anticipated.... Was a no show even though it's like 10 minutes from their home

Troll on Dude

i cant stand some of you on here.. if i met you in person id go back to jail. i have my friends. dont need any more bro. not to be a dick, but fuck most of the people on here.

i cant stand some of you on here.. if i met you in person id go back to jail. i have my friends. dont need any more bro. not to be a dick, but fuck most of the people on here.

You're the one who said you were comin' out.... We didn't ask/beg you. In fact.... I was so confident you were all talk.... You'll notice I never even added your name to the list ;)

And 6,600+ posts in a year, but you only like a few of us?? :rolleyes:

2063466440092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

Troll on Dude

I think the dude was grounded that day. Besides, even with a fake ID, no one is going to let a 12 year old boy into a bar. :D