ruger sr-556

that dude

anyone have one and what are your thoughts. is it worth the extra monies compared to the colt ans s&w ar 15s. gonna go to the show sunday and see what i can find. i have seen them as low as 1200 new. hoping to find one for 8-900.

Good luck finding smokin deals at the shows. Seems like everyone is looking for top $$ for anything.

As far as the the Ruger SR-556 goes, its gotten mixed reviews due to its gas piston system as have other gas piston rifles. Personally, I'd stay away from them until they have everything sorted out with it.

Based on my recent search, I'd say stay away from Colt (the guts aren't mil-spec) and some of the lesser known brands. Seems to me you can't go wrong with Rock River Arms or Stag. There are deals to be had on the RRA's though, made it hard to pass it up.

I might be there what time does it open/close? As for the sr556 any piston driven gun is gonna be high in price. I have looked at it before and love the feel and balance of it. If I was gonna buy and ar type weapon I would pick it over the older style ar.

hmm 1/1 vote. i pmd ya. btw it starts at 9 i wil be ther e about 10

todd i went and talked to the peeps at pro armament. ended up getting rra carbine m4 tactical with gg&h MAD BUIS and gg&g non floating tactical forearm. 5- 20rd magazines, tactical soft case, box of american eagle 5.56, and an hr of range time free for 1200. kick ass deal. people were very knowledgeable on the ar 15s. seems like spikes and rra are the way to go for ars right now. everyone said nothing but good things about them both. was gonna buy a spikes at the show, but parts are harder to find and get. they can be found they just takel onger getting. that made my choice easier. ammo was high. cheaper at dicks. lots of knives and handguns. was a goodshow, smaller, high prices on most. the dpms ars were cheap, but you get what you pay for. im happy.

todd i went and talked to the peeps at pro armament. ended up getting rra carbine m4 tactical with gg&h MAD BUIS and gg&g non floating tactical forearm. 5- 20rd magazines, tactical soft case, box of american eagle 5.56, and an hr of range time free for 1200. kick ass deal. people were very knowledgeable on the ar 15s. seems like spikes and rra are the way to go for ars right now. everyone said nothing but good things about them both. was gonna buy a spikes at the show, but parts are harder to find and get. they can be found they just takel onger getting. that made my choice easier. ammo was high. cheaper at dicks. lots of knives and handguns. was a goodshow, smaller, high prices on most. the dpms ars were cheap, but you get what you pay for. im happy.

Glad it worked out for you.

The guys at Pro Armament are straight up folks. I've been buying stuff there for 20 years - back when they were Pro Gun. Tom built most of my 45's back in the day. They know their shit and dont sell junk.

I'm not surprised about the show. Sounds like about the same thing I saw at Niles a couple of weeks ago.

Glad it worked out for you.

The guys at Pro Armament are straight up folks. I've been buying stuff there for 20 years - back when they were Pro Gun. Tom built most of my 45's back in the day. They know their shit and dont sell junk.

I'm not surprised about the show. Sounds like about the same thing I saw at Niles a couple of weeks ago.

whats the difference in the 556 and 223 ammo? they have some sweet setups in that place, guys were real real cool. showed me all kinds of tricks and ideas and how to's. id buy there again, and will go sometime this week to shoot. they have federal 1000 rnds for 349.oo so i may pick up a box.

whats the difference in the 556 and 223 ammo? they have some sweet setups in that place, guys were real real cool. showed me all kinds of tricks and ideas and how to's. id buy there again, and will go sometime this week to shoot. they have federal 1000 rnds for 349.oo so i may pick up a box.

As I understand it, the major difference between the two is a 20% increase in chamber pressure on the 5.56. Thats why you can shoot a .223 in a 5.56 lower, but not the other way around.

I picked up some 5.56 Federal at the Niles show for about that price. Not a "fantastic, cant pass it up price" but not bad either.

i think the rra ars will shoot both the 223/5.56 rounds. gonna go sometime in jan. to look at picking up some ammo and a light/scope. thanks for the lead to pro guns. i would recommend them to people. nice selection and take the time.

All RRA's are chambered for the 5.56. You can shoot either 5.56 or the .223

Went to the show Did not impress me. Small is an understatement. Half maybe 1/3 the size of the last medina show I went to. Walked around looked at every table twice. Didn't see any good deals either. all I picked up was a grip extension for my xd9sc. Lot more junk collectors at this show then up at the medina shows. Glad you found something you liked. Is this progun shop the one off second street. Also know as riverside now in the falls? If so likwid and me shot there a few weeks back nice place. The only thing I found I liked was springfield m1a nm but I have seen it at a local shop for 60 bucks cheaper. So it was a long drive for nothing but a grip extension? oh well.

Went to the show Did not impress me. Small is an understatement. Half maybe 1/3 the size of the last medina show I went to. Walked around looked at every table twice. Didn't see any good deals either. all I picked up was a grip extension for my xd9sc. Lot more junk collectors at this show then up at the medina shows. Glad you found something you liked. Is this progun shop the one off second street. Also know as riverside now in the falls? If so likwid and me shot there a few weeks back nice place. The only thing I found I liked was springfield m1a nm but I have seen it at a local shop for 60 bucks cheaper. So it was a long drive for nothing but a grip extension? oh well.

speedy yes thats the place. im gonna head up there this week mtw to fire off some rounds. do you gotta buy their ammo? they got real nice prices

speedy yes thats the place. im gonna head up there this week mtw to fire off some rounds. do you gotta buy their ammo? they got real nice prices

You don't have to buy their ammo, to my knowledge. I know there's no shotgun shooting, no incendiary rounds, etc. You can shoot the AR's there no problem.

No shotguns as stated, and no metal core ammo. Other than that it all good. When I was there I shot my mini 14 with some 55 gr fmj, and some 50gr hp. nice range digital stalls and bullet proof glass between stalls. We brought our ammo in with no problems besides my metal cored mil surp ammo for my mosin it was a no go.