Wheezle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graphics are amazing! And there is some good underlining meanings and ideas throughout the movie.

The political agenda was there.

USA bad, world peace good.

No plan to get there, just bitching about it.

Even so, it cracks me up to see a movie with that political bent being made in the same place that they are tearing down. Like they could make it anywhere else?

But back to the 3D effects, awesome!!!

The political agenda was there.

USA bad, world peace good.

No plan to get there, just bitching about it.

Even so, it cracks me up to see a movie with that political bent being made in the same place that they are tearing down. Like they could make it anywhere else?

But back to the 3D effects, awesome!!!

Yeah, but I was also taking about things not related to politics..

Just seen the movie in 3D. The special effects were great,not over the top, in your face effects like a cheap 80's movie.

The machines the US ground soldiers were using reminds me of the the old video game Mech Warriors.

I kept my Buddy Holly looking 3d glasses.

so what theater did people go to see the 3D version and not have to wear the glasses?

Dublin 18, but you did have to wear glasses, just not the cheap red and blue cardboard ones.

The look more like real glasses and are polarized lenses so they look clear or as somebody said "Buddy Holly" style.

ok, i actually went to see it, and it is a good movie.

solid story, great effects, and better than average acting.

it's pretty fucking trite, and down right preachy, but look past that, and it is entertaining.

if you liked dances with wolves, last of the mohicans, or the last samurai, or any of the movies where some white dude goes native into some tribe or "exotic" group of some kind, you'll enjoy this ultra modernized version.

the movie presents some interesting concepts and ideas about perspective (which, on many levels, is what this movie is about), but fails to be ground breaking in any way other than sheer production cost and use of amazing special effects.

******COULD CONTAIN SPOILER**********

Now that I am thinking about it why doesnt the navi arrows penetrate the ships windows when they first come in contact at the tree but in the battle the arrows easily go right through?

Now that I am thinking about it why doesnt the navi arrows penetrate the ships windows when they first come in contact at the tree but in the battle the arrows easily go right through?

hm, I would say velocity of arrow + velocity of flying thing = arrow through window

:rolleyes:

Its a movie man, give em a break!