Cycle Search

justin0469

I'll try to wrap up my long story into a short one ;) For those that don't want to read, I'd recommend Cycle Search for service.

I bought that ugly 04 CBR1000RR they've had forever a couple months ago. I got it home, stripped it down and found oil on the plugs. After talking with Paul (Isaac's Papa - owns DucRx shop) about the background on the bike, he didn't think anything was wrong but I talked to Cycle Search about my concerns and they offered to do compression and leakdown tests for free! I was somewhat cautious about having service done there given the limited feedback I'd heard, but thought since it was free, I'd go for it. Got it back up there, tests came out fine, likely confirming Paul's diagnosis. While it was there, Justin saw the radiator was in worse shape than he realized when he sold it to me so they replaced it for free! I did pay them to check the valve clearances/shims to find that they are just barely within spec (about 14k miles on the clock), so those should be fine for awhile to come. Since I had that check done, they brought the bike back to my house for free too! The service dept did a good job of inspiring confidence in their ability to do the work and I'd feel comfortable with them doing work in the future.

:metal: Cycle Search

It's great to hear when someone appreciates a shop doing the right thing. Sure, it should be expected, but then they go above and beyond! I TRY to be like that in my work, but I have to admit that it's not easy to be like that all the time, as many people don't appreciate it, and think you're trying to rip them off when you notice something else wrong with their vehicle...

Anyway, kudo's to the guys at Cyale Search, I have yet to hear anything bad about them, on here or other times I've heard people talk about them outside of OR...

Glad we could help out Justin. We are always going to stand behind what we sell! Look forward to doing more service work for fellow members on here soon. Remember,a service bill totaling $100 or more can get your free pickup OR delivery. A $400 or greater bill will get you both pickup and delivery!