eotech

that dude

Eotechs are good for close quarters but if your looking to shoot distance of any kind. (>50 yards, then you may want to consider another optic with some magnification. Personally I will be buying an ACOG eventually but I know they are uber expensive and not everyone wants to drop that kinda coin on an optic for casual shooting. If youre just an everyday shooter at the range or backyard and never really shoot past 50 yards, then you will most likely love it. Its great for acquiring larger targets quickly and really good for 2 and 3 gun competitions.

Edited by flounder

Eotechs are good for close quarters but if your looking to shoot distance of any kind. (>50 yards, then you may want to consider something else. Personally I will be buying an ACOG but I know they are uber expensive and not everyone wants to drop that kinda coin on an optic for casual shooting.

its going on my rra carbine. its gonna be used/designed for cqb. i have a gg&g mad buis and wouldl ike to add an eotech. dont know which one yet, still reading on them. its gonna be 100 co witness. eotech will be used for under 50-60 yards like you stated. i got the mad buis for 100-200 yards. the acogs are great if your lifes on the line or want the most expensive scope monies can buy. for the 75% of us its a waste. why put a 900-1500 scope on a platform thats 800-900. makes no sense. plenty of scopes out there for a 1/3 of the monies that work great in competition. paying for the trijjicon name inho more than tech. with that said if you can afford it more power to ya:D

its going on my rra carbine. its gonna be used/designed for cqb. i have a gg&g mad buis and wouldl ike to add an eotech. dont know which one yet, still reading on them. its gonna be 100 co witness. eotech will be used for under 50-60 yards like you stated. i got the mad buis for 100-200 yards. the acogs are great if your lifes on the line or want the most expensive scope monies can buy. for the 75% of us its a waste. why put a 900-1500 scope on a platform thats 800-900. makes no sense. plenty of scopes out there for a 1/3 of the monies that work great in competition. paying for the trijjicon name inho more than tech. with that said if you can afford it more power to ya:D

Im a distance shooter so I like being able to reach out while also doing a competition with it. I guess I also have an added benefit of being able to get them for around 50% off so for me it makes sense to spend an extra $200 over an EOtech and buy the ACOG

Im a distance shooter so I like being able to reach out while also doing a competition with it. I guess I also have an added benefit of being able to get them for around 50% off so for me it makes sense to spend an extra $200 over an EOtech and buy the ACOG

you need a couple then. one for me one for you :D i may just order the 512

Eotech makes the halo sight for bushnell, so they are the same thing except the Eotech is military spec and it has the rubber around the buttons for moisture, sand etc and it also has the armor shroud.

I like my eotech alot, there is a guy on ebay that sold them for a good price when I got mine. I purchased it last year when they offered the $50.00 rebate.

Eotech makes the halo sight for bushnell, so they are the same thing except the Eotech is military spec and it has the rubber around the buttons for moisture, sand etc and it also has the armor shroud.

I like my eotech alot, there is a guy on ebay that sold them for a good price when I got mine. I purchased it last year when they offered the $50.00 rebate.

nice info to know. i know im a little late on the rebate. story of my life

I bought the 516 for my 16" AR. It uses the CR123 batteries ( a plus for me) and it sits a bit higher than the 512 when mounted on a flat top AR. This means that the dot sits a bit higher than the BUIS's line of sight. The lower model 512 still works, but the 516's dot is a bit easier to see.

I would not bother with the night vision compatible versions unless you really intend to use night vision. You can't turn a normal (512, 516) down low enough if you are using night vision.

I've shot iron sights, eotechs, aimpoints, and acogs at distances from 10-400yds or so and all are adequate. I rarely disagree with flounder, but a red dot is fine at distances greater than 50 yds. It's just a different role than a magnified optic. You always have the option of a 3x magnifier.

Also, if you are planning on getting the gg&g mount, don't get the 516 (or others with built in risers) as it will mess up your co-witness.

I have a 516 and like it just fine.

I've shot iron sights, eotechs, aimpoints, and acogs at distances from 10-400yds or so and all are adequate. I rarely disagree with flounder, but a red dot is fine at distances greater than 50 yds. It's just a different role than a magnified optic. You always have the option of a 3x magnifier.

Also, if you are planning on getting the gg&g mount, don't get the 516 (or others with built in risers) as it will mess up your co-witness.

I have a 516 and like it just fine.

Its true.. I guess I should have clarified. I like long range precision shooting so something with a cross hair and magnification are more what Im looking for. Something I can shoot a groundhog with at 200 yards. :)

hated my Eotech 552, although it worked well with night vision, and went with an Aimpoint Comp ML2. While the Eotech seemed superior to me on paper I hated the reticle and the way it turned itself off after awhile. However it is currently in Afganland serving our country :)

what didnt youl ike about the recticle? the whole holographic image?

hated my Eotech 552, although it worked well with night vision, and went with an Aimpoint Comp ML2. While the Eotech seemed superior to me on paper I hated the reticle and the way it turned itself off after awhile. However it is currently in Afganland serving our country :)

Dare I ask why you even had NV on your AR?

what didnt youl ike about the recticle? the whole holographic image?

quick aquisition wasnt that great and it would shut off after awhile unless i pressed a button. Basically I was more efficient with Iron sites because the Eotech sat right in between them. Im not saying they are junk or worthless I personally didnt like it, millions of people use them

Dare I ask why you even had NV on your AR?

No, no you may not dare.:D