Scope for a 22lr?

speedytriple

So I got a new 22 for xmas the scope that came on it is crappy it will not focus to well so it will be going on my pellet gun. So I am wondering what scope would you guys use on a 22lr for paper punching and some small game hunting. I have a prostaff 2x7x32 that I might put on and then would need a better scope for my mini-14? So what would you do put the prostaff on or buy something new for it?

Here's a link to a BSA. http://www.amazon.com/BSA-6-24X44-Panther-Adjustable-Objective/dp/B000NJXXS4 I've got one like it on my .22 and it's a great value. I actually bought the Platinum model. I'd say, whatever you get, get the biggest objective lens you can. At 6x power, the exit pupil is a whopping 7.33mm. Only a babies pupils can make it to that size. That brightness makes up for some of the optics shortcomings. Good luck!

I also highly recommend a matched hammer/sear kit if they make it.

I already polished the guide rails and bolt. I plan on doing a trigger polish of my own they make a vq trigger but I have read it is not much better then a polished factory one. I have a cheap bsa on my kids 22 for the money it is pretty clear. I think I might put my prostaff on my 22 and get a new one for the mini?

don't ignore the Tasco scopes, some of them are better than people think. One in particular is just about the best varmit scope you can buy, and it won't cost a fortune. And for a .22, I think a Tasco is fine.

I do like the Nikon scopes. I like Simmons also.

I've seen some quality control errors with the BSA scopes. Sometimes they don't focus or zoom smooth.

Check http://www.opticsplanet.net/. I've not been able to find anyone that beats their prices.

Optics Planet - Rifle Scopes - Best Riflescope Sellers & Top Staff Picks

(Scroll down to the bottom of the page where the value items are.)

Optics Planet - Day-Time Rifle Scopes - Best Sellers & Top Staff Picks

edit: Try to avoid the Mil Dot crap. It's a sales gimmick, and only of use on a Mil-Spec rifle, for combat. imho

Edited by ReconRat