Buckeye 1000 In-State Record Attempt

Casper

It's a 1000 miles in 24 hrs. Of course it's straight roads. Do you have any idea how tired you'd be if it was 1000 miles of twisties???

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that.

Yes, I think I would be dead after 8 hours of twisties.

I want to do this.

So I guess you are not riding to FL with me now? :(

If I wasn't going to Florida that weekend, I would do this for sure. The hotel in St C. is 3 minutes from my dad's house too.

Edited by Artmageddon

I left my phone in the laundry room until this morning and haven't even looked at it.

Just checked it, I promised my mom I would go to her house. No way I can do an Iron butt and then leave for FL. NOLA is looking like it is out too, no rooms at all that aren't real far away or real expensive.

It's cool, I have new-old "friend" in DC that I might stop and visit for a day now on my way down the coast.

This looks like it could be an awesome time! I live in Shadyside, OH, about 15 minutes from the start point in St. C., but I've only got my permit at the current time, and am nowhere near ready for a 1000-mile journey. Good luck and be safe to everyone that participates!

• 2 weeks later...
It's a 1000 miles in 24 hrs. Of course it's straight roads. Do you have any idea how tired you'd be if it was 1000 miles of twisties???

I'd be in less pain riding twisty roads instead of sitting like a statue for 1000 miles on straight roads. OUCH. I get cramped so fast on long straight rides...they suck. My knees start throbbing. If I'm in turns it's not as bad. Going straight you get bored and start thinking too much and you notice the pain as well.

I'd be in less pain riding twisty roads instead of sitting like a statue for 1000 miles on straight roads. OUCH. I get cramped so fast on long straight rides...they suck. My knees start throbbing. If I'm in turns it's not as bad. Going straight you get bored and start thinking too much and you notice the pain as well.
Yeah, but he doesn't have his ZX10 anymore; THEN if he did it...THAT would be baller. :D

Dude, you haven't come on a single long distance ride. I'm beginning to think you top out at 200 miles/day like a girly man. You should've just bought a chopper and rode to bike nights. :D