NESBA membership drive ($25 discount) until 2/15/10

redkow97

I know NESBA has higher membership fees than most trackday orgs, and that keeps some people away.

just got an email from them for their 'membership drive' (they do this almost every year). When you buy your membership for $75, they give you a $25 credit.

so you ARE still paying $75, but you get $25 off your first trackday purchase. Presumably you wouldn't be buying the membership if you weren't going to ride with them.

NESBA has quite a few weekends at BeaveRun for $165/day, or $320 for the weekend, and I believe Putnam is $155/day or $300 for the weekend.

Your $50 membership primarily gets you:

- Rain insurance (if they call the day, you get a full credit. if they call the day at lunch, you get a 50% credit)

- Crash insurance (if you crash in the morning, they'll credit you for the afternoon. If you crash Saturday morning, as long as you stick around for Sunday, and your bike can't pass tech, they'll give you a full credit for Sunday) there are some restrictions on crash insurance. If your bike can be fixed with a $15 clip-on bar, they will suggest you do so, rather than taking the credit.

- No gate fees (for you, or for your friends, girlfriend, etc.)

there are other benefits, but those are the big ones, IMHO.

Offer expires 2/15/10 (and if you already renewed after Jan 1, as I did, you should have a $25 credit in your account)

that's cool - but last I checked, they didn't have any dates scheduled at BeaveRun.

Yea, never been to BeaveRun...

Id go if it was not requiring a membership, but I'm not gonna pay 75 fee to run BeaverRun once...

I'm going to do Putnam, Grattan, Mid O, Jennings, Barber, Nelson

Fasttrax is at BeaveRun on July 4th and August 28th. It's a fun track. I'd encourage you to check it out.

No membership, and it's like $135/day. Hell of a deal. Saturday only though. They race on Sunday.

www.ridefasttrax.com

Thanks, I had not considered them before. Looks like a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

The "buy a membership and get $25 back" offer will be ending soon.

Some membership benefits:

Free Entry into events for everyone - Bring yourself or bring 50 people..its still $0

Free Camping at tracks that allow camping - No camping at Putnam :(

Rain Insurance - If we don't ride...you get a credit for the day

Crash Insurance - If you crash before lunch and YOU can't ride or your bike is not rideable - you get a partial credit for the day and a full credit for the next day if you booked two days. For NESBA it doesn't matter if you pre registered or post registered at the event.

Mechanical Insurance - Mechanical problem with your bike? same deal as the crash insurance

These are perks you just don't get with other organizations.

If you want great membership benefits...then come out and ride with us at one of our FIVE Putnam weekend dates. :D

Keep an eye on our schedule too...a very special event should be posted within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Bucky Badger

The "buy a membership and get $25 back"

Keep an eye on our schedule too...a very special event should be posted within the next couple of weeks.

It has its own thread: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?p=421006#post421006

unless there's some other very special event in addition to this one :)

Edited by redkow97