SC politician's welfare comments called `immoral'

TwiztedRabbit

seeing that im starting contraversial topics heres anouther

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lt_gov_don_t_help_the_poor

At a town hall meeting Thursday, Bauer, who is running for governor in his own right now that Sanford is term-limited, said: "My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that."

I don't see what's wrong with what he said. It may be "insensitive"' date=' but that's right up my alley. :lol:[/quote']

I agree with it wholeheartedly. Welfare should be barely enough to survive on, encouraging those on it to get jobs and get off welfare.

Immoral? Doubtful. Insensitive? Yeah.

Too fucking bad. We have a lot of people that are overly sensitive, politically correct, guilty feeling pussies in this country.

Personally, I love it when someone else stands up and calls this shit for what it is.

Todd maybe we can be friends lol. I agree 100% +rep

Welfare recipients need to be drug tested too...going somewhat off topic.

I'm not a fan of giving people free money to live off of for the rest of their live (vs. helping them get back on their feet). The LEAST the government could do is assure that the people getting the $$ actually deserve it and can function (drug free) in the work place. You wanna smoke a lil rock? Go do it with your own money.

welfare recipients need to be drug tested too...going somewhat off topic.

I'm not a fan of giving people free money to live off of for the rest of their live (vs. Helping them get back on their feet). The least the government could do is assure that the people getting the $$ actually deserve it and can function (drug free) in the work place. You wanna smoke a lil rock? Go do it with your own money.

+1938471232545345234239879538648573468576345

I'm not a fan of giving people free money to live off of for the rest of their live (vs. helping them get back on their feet). The LEAST the government could do is assure that the people getting the $$ actually deserve it and can function (drug free) in the work place. You wanna smoke a lil rock? Go do it with your own money.

I'll go one-step further and say mandatory drug-testing, as well as mandatory birth-control.

No one is FORCING you to go on birth-control, it's simply a condition of accepting welfare benefits.

All the uber-liberals who cry "people have a right to reproduce" can shove it. Let's assume people DO have a right to reproduce - I don't think the constitution guarantees the right to welfare. You want financial assistance, you comply with its terms. Violate them, and the state takes your children and tells you to fuck-off.

the only way to discourage people from being on welfare is to make it less comfortable.

But who's gonna pay for the drug test!?

They're so freaking cheap now, and not paying for welfare for those who fail the drug test, the US would definitely come out on top on that one. First drug test is free (paid for the US gov't). If you fail it, no welfare for you and you have to wait at least 1 full year before you can take the drug test again, which you have to pay for.

Drug test payment question has been answered.

I also agree with the birth control. If you're getting assistance, you obviously can't take care of yourself or your family. How the fuck are you going to take care of ANOTHER human being?

Edited by InyaAzz

Todd maybe we can be friends lol. I agree 100% +rep

I doubt THAT's going to happen. Agreeing with me on one topic is no basis for a friendship.

Thanks for the "rep" though.

And while we're at it, no gov't assistance if you can afford a cell phone and cable tv, or wear your pants below your ass.

But who's gonna pay for the drug test!?

As has already been said, the test would be WAY cheaper than what we're paying these shit dicks now. Of course, that would only hold true if you had a private entity administer the drug tests out side of any government control or payment system. Short of that, I'd be willing to kick in for the test if they'd offset the cost against my payroll taxes or the lovely Ohio CAT tax.

I'll agree with the phone and television and cable' date=' but the pants thing... I can't jump on board with that. As much as it disgusts me, freedom to dress like a clown ought not be infringed.[/quote']

I was at an establishment yesterday to return some merchandise. There were two young males there purchasing some items. Both of them were wearing their pants so fucking low the pockets were at their fucking knees, and neither one of them could walk without holding their shit. I dont understand the "statement" they are trying to make.

On the plus side, it was obvious that they wouldnt be able to steal anything.

As much as I'd like to agree.. that's not going to solve anything. It will take dependent people off the system' date=' but will create a black hole somewhere else. Thus, creating [i']another system. Putting a deadline on welfare is a good idea. Plus, making those on the system do work for the public is a great idea.

"On the system? Ok, this freeway needs trash cleaned out of the median. Get this stretch spic and span and I'll be here on Friday with your check."

And while we're at it, no gov't assistance if you can afford a cell phone and cable tv, or wear your pants below your ass.

As has already been said, the test would be WAY cheaper than what we're paying these shit dicks now. Of course, that would only hold true if you had a private entity administer the drug tests out side of any government control or payment system. Short of that, I'd be willing to kick in for the test if they'd offset the cost against my payroll taxes or the lovely Ohio CAT tax.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm all for helping people who want to help themselves. And if we as a society get some sort of benefit from it (clean streets, public service, blow job Tuesday) it's a win/win. What I CAN'T stand is people who purposely do NOTHING with their life just so they can sit on their ass. There are many people who come here from other countries who hold down multiple jobs...while going to school at the same time...all without getting assistance. Yes, that stereotype DOES exist...I knew a few who fit this mold. They actually can't believe that :

1- This country has a program that gives away free $ and food

and

2- People actually prefer to stay at the poverty level to take advantage of it