Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lambo

BornSinner

Cool video and all, but meh, not impressed... unless the point was to show how much money you can spend.

I guarantee you this didn't cost as much, makes sub-8 passes, is just as street legal, and does it without the aerodynamics that the Lambo has. Plus, is arguably better looking that that Italian bull up there.

hrdp_0902_01_z+2008_hot_rod_drag_week+.jpg

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hrdp_0902_2008_hot_rod_drag_week/index.html

Honestly, drag racing a Lambo to evaluate it's performance is stupid. Second, the Lambo is gonna DESTROY that sin of a car they call a Chevy. Sin meaning the color. WTF?

Finally, I'd like to see a real test of the Lambo as I am in love with the Reventon... Drag racing shows nothing and is really a small fraction of a car's ability...

lamboreventon.png

I don't think you quite understand here guys. That car can spin the tires into third gear. It's AWD...

Leaving under boost doesn't seem like a viable option when your AWD system can't get the power down. If they put slicks on it though the car would literally annihilate it's entire drivetrain on launch.

JRMMiii, would you take that pink monstrosity and run it to 200 mph? I sure as hell wouldn't. You can do that with the lambo. Slick walk FTL when off the track. And did you really just say the pink Nova is arguably better looking than the Lambo? :wtf:

Edited by RSVDon

The pink shoebox was just an example. I'd prefer a Turbo6 Buick just because I'm enamored with cars with hairdryers that are perceived as underdogs. Sleepers. :D

Like I said, the 'ghini is a cool car, but the drag race testing isn't the best venue to show off that impressive AWD system (like you mentioned). I don't know how much those turbos affected the driveability or ballast of the car, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't actually make the car handle worse because of the new weight bias. A LSx engine in a Miata is a crazy fun car to hoon around in, but a stock Miata would nail it to the boards on a road course.

It's another case of 'right tool, right job'... you don't start with a base platform 600 and try to build it to outpace a 'busa in the strip. It CAN be done, but why? The base platform is just as important as the intended purpose - I dunno if the guy plans on street racing that car, which is just illegal DRAG racing, and any sub-10 car on the street deserves respect, but I just wouldn't want the owner of the Lambo to be delusional that he's king shit of his game, because he's not.

And since this thread is headed for derailment anyway (Apologies Sinner)...

This is my kinda car: http://jalopnik.com/5426259/twin+turbo-super-cuda-races-enzo-hits-208-mph

500x_super_cuda_200_mph.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1cLfiVSyrw&feature=player_embedded

And for pure sex, listen to this: The Aural Bliss Of Five Honda HSV-010 GTs Warming Up At Suzuka

500x_honda_hsv-10_gt.jpg

Do want. Just makes me sad that these were supposed to be the new NSX's that were axed. Sounds exactly like what you'd expect a 3.4L V8 to sound like. Nom Nom Nom!

A LSx engine in a Miata is a crazy fun car to hoon around in, but a stock Miata would nail it to the boards on a road course.

Bad example. The LSx isn't an iron block we're talking about here. Unless it was a highly technical, and I mean HIGHLY technical (aka worse than streets of willow) road course I would expect the LSx Miata to run circles around the stock Miata.

I do see your point though, but not everyone who drag races wants to build a drag specific car. Tell me how "streetable" said Nova really would be. We both know drag cars and normal driving don't go hand in hand. Just watch some of the big block cars try to roll down Wooward Ave, lulz.

In the same sense, the Aprilia is not a drag bike, but that doesn't mean I'm not still interested in doing it at least once. These guys are chasing a time slip with a full-bodied street car because they can, and I think that's badass.

Bad example. The LSx isn't an iron block we're talking about here. Unless it was a highly technical, and I mean HIGHLY technical (aka worse than streets of willow) road course I would expect the LSx Miata to run circles around the stock Miata.

Word.

Rode shotgun a few times in a really cool LS1 Rx7 at SCCA AutoX, it doesn't get much tighter than that but he would've had a hard time going any faster with a rotary. Comparing that with similar size cars w/ stock engines. On a road course, forget it.

lol one of the taillights is out halfway thru the vid...wonder what happend

GM Build quality.

I have heard rumors of at least two UR Lambos here in Ohio. 8 second 1/4 mile, 200+ in the texas mile, pump gas, drive it anywhere. Seems like a pretty nice package to me.

GM Build quality.

I have heard rumors of at least two UR Lambos here in Ohio. 8 second 1/4 mile, 200+ in the texas mile, pump gas, drive it anywhere. Seems like a pretty nice package to me.

Start IMing Kyle telling him that's what he should do. :lol:

Not a 'Cuda, but same body style.... Got to sit behind the wheel of a brand new 2010 Challenger last night

Daddy likey..... Velly velly much!! :D