Entry Level SQL Server Developer Job

JonS

A person in our department took a new job and just got confirmation that it will be reposted.

Basically ...

* Entry Level SQL Server developer Job (~36K maybe a bit more, university benefits)

* Might be able to offer some training

* Perform SQL database queries fulfilling data requests

* SQL stored procedure, function etc... writing

* SSRS report designing, development, and management

* Basic Sharepoint 2007 design work is a possibility

* SQL Server Analysis Services is also an opportunity as well

Anyone interested shoot me a PM sometime and I'll let you know where it posts ... some time in February.

You entry level IT guys that are leaning more towards the software side of things, jump your ass all over this. 36K isn't terrible for this market, and with the university you'll probably get your hands on a lot more than is listed on here, tons of experience.

I'm going to have to disagree there, 36k for entry-level is pretty crappy.

I was a DBA / ETL Apps Developer at Goodyear starting salary was significantly more than that.... and it was truly a no experience, training provided, job.

But 36k is better than 0 lol

I'm going to have to disagree there, 36k for entry-level is pretty crappy.

I was a DBA / ETL Apps Developer at Goodyear starting salary was significantly more than that.... and it was truly a no experience, training provided, job.

But 36k is better than 0 lol

Well, I haven't been on the software side, so I don't have a good frame of reference for starting salaries. Either way, for someone who wants a career change (or their break into IT), it's not a bad in.

Well, I haven't been on the software side, so I don't have a good frame of reference for starting salaries. Either way, for someone who wants a career change (or their break into IT), it's not a bad in.

Didn't mean to come off as a direct dig on you...

I agree it's a good in for someone in college or about to graduate.

Didn't mean to come off as a direct dig on you...

I agree it's a good in for someone in college or about to graduate.

No worries. I started out for a LOT less which is why I said that 36K wasn't that terrible. I also started without a degree, which somewhat justified the peanuts I earned in the beginning of my career.

No worries. I started out for a LOT less which is why I said that 36K wasn't that terrible. I also started without a degree, which somewhat justified the peanuts I earned in the beginning of my career.

That's a good point too, no college degree, little experience, 36k is really good way to cut your teeth... plus in a year or two you'll have the experience to get a better paying job...

But what sucks, I've yet to see a job I would consider applying for that doesn't say "MBA preferred"... *sigh* ... my wife has her masters in statistics, I should have stayed in school and got my masters :(