2008 ZX-10R released 9-11-07

NinjaNick

i dont think i like kawis version of the mirror turn signals (although there is no front view, so we will see). they shouldve just copied suzuki and put them in the mirrors.

I noticed that too Ben. With those turn signals it looks fucking disgusting... Take them away and it looks like an awesome bike. It also looks a bit lighter(although looks is never a good indicator for weight).

Im pretty sure I puked in my mouth when I saw that.. that thing looks disgusting. exhaust looks like shit, turn signals = shit, and even their wannabe wave rotors look horrible.. but it looks like I am the only one who doesnt like this overall design. Honda is about the only ones who make a good looking liter bike..with the exception of Ducati b/c they have the 1098 and that isnt fair lol

I hope that they come out with ALOT of aftermarket parts for it, it's really gonna need it. i personally think it looks like shit (now i'm expecting to get bitched at). i like that past years much better. I wonder who was smokig crack and said " Ah lets stick the turn signals in the mirror stalks" what a dumbass

I don't worry much about the pipe. That'll be gone within a week. The problem is going to be the turn signals. Yeah, you can get an aftermarket mirror but then where are you going to put the front signals? There is no place to put them on the fairings... You're gonna be looking at drilling the fairings or fucking glueing them on. Other than the signals, I think its an awesome looking bike. BUT the turn signals issue is a deal-breaker.

I don't worry much about the pipe. That'll be gone within a week. The problem is going to be the turn signals. Yeah, you can get an aftermarket mirror but then where are you going to put the front signals? There is no place to put them on the fairings... You're gonna be looking at drilling the fairings or fucking glueing them on. Other than the signals, I think its an awesome looking bike. BUT the turn signals issue is a deal-breaker.

You could order suzuki mirrors with the signals in them to replace the stock 10r mirrors. ;)

Just to change a windscreen I dang near had to take my whole upper off the bike....

Really? I bought a sportech black chrome windscreen in 2004 and it went on using the same bolts and took 5 minutes at the most. You should've checked out a different windscreen brother. That's crazy.

up until 2005 it was 15 minute job, including opening the box and package. The 05 models the mirrors have the turn signals in them and the wires go through the windscreen and fairing stay.

Then the connections to the damn Signals are between the headlight and the fairing so the only way to get the turn signals (mirrors) disconnected is to unbolt the front upper fairing and drop it down to get to it.

That's kind of irrelevant. It's not important because it's like saying, why put paint on a bike, it doesn't add to the HP #'s. It's just there to be there.

No it isn't. It has been studied that certain paints are faster. Lighter colors are faster cause the Pigmentation is less per square inch so thus is ligher. It also depends on the clear coat as that has a direct effect to the drag coefficient (studies on waxing vs no waxing to the drag coefficient).

The Rim tape though it adds a litte weight it does help the gyroscopic effect keeping the bike stable at high speeds. Also the ability of the tape to cut through the wind aslo lowers the drag on the wheel thus allowing it to spin easier thus equaling more HP at the rear tire (the ultimate goal).

Don't get me started on the motor. I wonder if they have added the new J-Force power bands and Exhaust internals....