Accuracy.... bragging.... lol

Rod38um

OK, so I just got back from the range. It was half snow half rain mix but I wanted to try out my reloads today. I am very happy! :D

I was shooting a Remington 700 BDL in 7mm Magnum. These are my reloads and are fire formed to the gun and neck sized only. I loaded 162grain Hornady A-max bullets, 54 grains of H-4831powder with WLRM primers.

This is my 8 shot group at 100 yards, I put a quarter on there for size perspective:

100_0638.jpg

Same target, just moved the quarter:

100_0640.jpg

I'm loving this reloading stuff! :banana:

Not too horrible .. You could tighten up those groups quite a bit though. Generally the vertical stringing is caused by your breathing. Also I believe that the BDLs will start to string out a bit if you dont give them enough time between shots to cool some. They have a thinner contour'd barrel and the heat tends to be more of an issue. How long did you wait between shots.

Adjust your scope 1" down and 1" left and you should be good. Do you know the velocity of your rounds? AKA did you shoot through a crono to see if your loads were consistent? You may get a bit more out of them adjusting your seating depth as well.

Keep in mind I only have a 3 x 9 scope on this thing. The first 2 shots are the top ones and the rest of them string along under, working their way down. I had previously used factory ammo and had a group big as your fist. I later had some reloads that were full length sized and had much better group. I re-used the fire formed casings for this group. I'm gonna measure bolt to lands on this rifle today and load up some more this week with an adjusted COAL But I honestly dont see how I can get it much better given the limitations of the scope. Wait time was about a minute between shots. enough time to glass things, gossip and try it again... lol

I'll wait till I get a finished round I want to stick with before I adjust the scope any farther.

Edited by Rod38um

Just remember that 10x is plenty of magnification to shoot well past 1000 yards. 3-9 is plenty of mag for 100 yards. Try working on your breathing a bit and get the shot to brake at the bottom of your breath cycle when you dont have any more air in your lungs. Also use just the tip of your finger on the tip of the trigger. Just some little things that help.

Keep in mind I only have a 3 x 9 scope on this thing. The first 2 shots are the top ones and the rest of them string along under, working their way down. I had previously used factory ammo and had a group big as your fist. I later had some reloads that were full length sized and had much better group. I re-used the fire formed casings for this group. I'm gonna measure bolt to lands on this rifle today and load up some more this week with an adjusted COAL But I honestly dont see how I can get it much better given the limitations of the scope. Wait time was about a minute between shots. enough time to glass things, gossip and try it again... lol

I'll wait till I get a finished round I want to stick with before I adjust the scope any farther.

I have the same rifle. I haven't even sighted it in yet. I would love to learn how to re-load especially with the cost of ammo these days. I can't say I've been shooting for very long so I still have a lot to learn. But I need to learn some things from guys like you that know what you're talking about:D