SD flashlight...

Likwid

Ok, so completely unrelated example of why you should get a self defense flashlight. I ordered a flash off eBay... cheap Chinese brand, but it's pretty bright...

Well I'm fucking around and I flash myself in the face with it at full power... it's 5 minutes later and I'm just now starting to be able to see again... seriously was scared I blinded myself.

Now, I've never been an advocate of a self defense ultra highpower flashlight... I have a 6-led flashlight I considered "bright" and I figured it would be plenty to "blind" someone in the dark... now 6 minutes after blinding myself I'm realizing how incredibly useful a self defense flashlight would be....

So I plan to order one... thought I'd share the experience.

stop jewing around and get yourself a flashbang grenade. GAWD

just kidding. didnt know they made flashlights that were bright enough to blind you for that long. crapola. the last flashlight i got has a strobe light function but i dont see that being useful in any situation other than a trance/club/gang bang

stop jewing around and get yourself a flashbang grenade. GAWD

just kidding. didnt know they made flashlights that were bright enough to blind you for that long. crapola. the last flashlight i got has a strobe light function but i dont see that being useful in any situation other than a trance/club/gang bang

They make them extremely bright... I wish I knew the lumen equivalent for this camera flash... it's guidenumber 33 if anyone knows how to convert.

I have one of these, it's really fricken bright considering the size. I need to pick up some rechargeable batteries for it though.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=136

ImageServer.ashx%3Ft%3Dproduct%26h%3D200%26w%3D200%26imageid%3DCS8475056&size=20&dhm=4c9075ce&hl=en

C4® LED, shock-proof with a 50,000 hr lifetime, is 3X brighter than a super high-flux LED

Up to 30,000 candela (peak beam intensity); 135 lumens measured system output.

Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a long range targeting beam with optimum peripheral illumination to aid in navigation. Optimized electronics provide regulated intensity.

Runtime: up to 3.5 hours to the 10% output level

Anodized Machined Aluminum

Limited Lifetime Warranty

Two 3V CR123A lithium batteries (included)

IPX7 Rated design; all openings o-ring sealed to resist moisture

Fits Streamlight 69100 Rail Mount; Operates with remote switches.

LED Solid State circuitry provides regulated light output throughout battery life.

6.62"; 7.1 oz

Available in box (Holster included), or blister pack

Super bright with strobe function would be optimal. Gotta' link for the Chink light on Ebay?

Me? The light from China is a camera flash... on my cell now but it's a Yongnuo YN465... I'd like to get something as bright ... but I'm tempted to just take the camera flash with me LOL

Hours later I'm still seeing spots.

Oh' date=' I thought you just forgot to put "light" on the end of a word. Sorry for thinking ur dum.[/quote']

lol, as well you should be :)

I never thought there was such thing as a source of light THAT bright... you know, except the sun

so if they had a holster to mount the flashlight into the Spiderman-web-slinging position, that would rock.......

Currently using my Mag-light with 4 D-cell batteries for self defense, but it acts more like a stick instead of producing blinding light.

The super mega bright flashlight is a good idea.

so if they had a holster to mount the flashlight into the Spiderman-web-sli

ging position, that would rock.......

Currently using my Mag-light with 4 D-cell batteries for self defense, but it acts more like a stick instead of producing blinding light.

The super mega bright flashlight is a good idea.

And there's nothing wrong with a 4d flashlight as a SD tool... in fact I know folks that prefer it to a knife or firearm...

But yah, I'd prefer firearm + small SUPER bright flashlight with a striking crown on it.

I'm not kidding about this flash though... next DTC meat I'm totally blinding someone and having my way with them.

Hmmm, I was reading last week about a "puke ray" that can be home built, from bright LEDs that strobe. I guess it works pretty good.

edit: btw, I remember I have an old side mount strobe with some ridiculous guide number of 160 or something.

I remember taking zoom pics at night with asa 400, about two blocks down the road. Rather bright.

Also remember that I have a SunPak for video camera that will start fires if you point it at something too long...

Airport Landing Approach Type 9425/1 Sequence Flasher Optical Head Strobe Light

muhahahaha!

Airport-Strobe-Light-2.jpg

Edited by ReconRat