ZX14R or 'Busa

SpaceGhost

Faster top end or acceleration? In stock form, Sport Rider and Motorcyclist (sister mags) have the kawi as the new busa killer. But a gentleman's agreement exists between the moto companies with govenors in place at 186 mph (300 kmh). But of course with a few mods a busa could in turn outrun a kawi. Guess it depends on what has been done to the bike and who is riding it. If your in the market for a bike that you plan on doing some customization, then the busa has been around since what? 6 years? While the kawi is brand new this year. Many moto journalists also believe that Suzuki will up the ante next year with a new busa. Will they up the displacement to meet or exceed the kawi? Who knows? I can't wait to see what they come with though. I'm also interested in what direction they take the styling of the bike. (hopefully no more bee's ass) :)

If you are wanting to mod the bike, I would have to pick the Hayabusa, simply because it has been out longer, there is more experience with it, and there are more parts (both new and used) available.

The ZX-14 is kind of an unknown in the 'what is possible with this bike' category.

If you are leaving it stock or just doing light mods, like exhaust, tuning, etc, then I would probably go with the Kawi.

Or you could wait a couple years and see how things shake out. I doubt Suzuki is going to sit still now.

• 2 weeks later...

Which Stock Bike is Faster, the 06 ZX14R or the 06 busa? WHich is the better buy? I may get rid of the STI.......

If you try a new gsxr 1k, or zx-10r, you will find that you can smoke hayabusas, and 14's. Ive killed 2 busas, and 1 14. It took nitrous to get the 14. Toss a busa, or 14 into the twisties, and you will eat them alive on a 1000cc bike. I dont know about the 06, but my 05 zx-10r is crazy fast. :idea:

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone pointed out that no one has tested a completely stock 14

they do beat the busa quartermile but the busa comes around them at about 1/2 mile or so not hard but they do

there is less than 5 mph diff between trap speeds and only 1 or 2 tenths diff on times

i was having the same problems when i bought my busa (wait for the 14 or not) but those lambo sides got to go

I love the spider eyes

and according to all the mags it is still faster ( ricky gadson's bike he made his pass on can in no way be called stock)

yes suki has some catchig up to do but not alot it will be interesting to see what they do

and as far as cornering i put my busa down farther than most of you R1 or Gixxer 1K riders any day of the yr ( i by no means drag knee) but its all about the rider if you cant handle the big bike stick with your 600's or your 1k ill keep with the most comfy bike ive ever riden (and done almost 200mph on you 1k boys cant say that)

My basically stock 10R can do "almost 200mph" too - and look a lot better doing it!

As for the twisties or the track, it would take a very good club racer or better to get that fat ugly pig of a motorcycle to turn with my 10R (and I don't drag knee either). You think you got what it takes? Pick a trackday and we'll do the deed.

As for the original topic, I'd take the 14 just because the Eyeabuser is so hideous to look at - I don't think there's much between them for speed/quickness.

do you realize that you just called out an EYEABUSA as you call it to a track day on an zx-10 ?!!?!?!? ok i respect you opinion about it being ugly(its not for everyone, as i think the 14 would look better if i took a shit on it) but are you that nieve to think that i would even waste my time on raceing a zx-10 or a gix 1k or even an r6 on a track like mid ohio ( hell i wouldnt race my 750)

It was a comment on the riders and thinking that there bike is god sent but cant ride it (like all thease idiots buying 1k and r1s just cuz its a liter bike, if your not one of those props to you for not being a squid. Other than that stop being so confrontational

deal

but read my post again i didnt say anythign close to what you took it as

"It was a comment on the riders and thinking that there bike is god sent but cant ride it (like all thease idiots buying 1k and r1s just cuz its a liter bike, if your not one of those props to you for not being a squid."

and as far as cornering i put my busa down farther than most of you R1 or Gixxer 1K riders any day of the yr ( i by no means drag knee) but its all about the rider if you cant handle the big bike stick with your 600's or your 1k ill keep with the most comfy bike ive ever riden (and done almost 200mph on you 1k boys cant say that)

Looks like a bit o' trash talking to me, yes? I'm just saying 'bring it on' since I happen to be part of that 'most' you're talking about.

It's been my experience over the past 20 years on the street that 'most' liter bike riders are more expeienced and wiser than other riders. It is a small percentage of idiots who think they know everything that make us all look bad.

• 2 weeks later...

just my experience....my .02 if you will. I have beat g1k's, 2 hayabusas, 12r, 14r and slaughtered every r1 ive tried. The busa is sweet, but its funny to me when a guy who has never rode before, goes and purchases a bike like that. Alot of new riders buy busas. They think they are the shit, and so on, we all know the story. And if all the hype is true about 195hp 2007 busa, I'll have one as a stablemate for my 10r. Point is...Its 90% rider. Although you 2 have jacked the hell outta this thread, the 14 is faster than the busa. Its in black and white. Thats why I'd buy the 14 over the busa, this year anyway.

Yeah, I think Kaw should have done a bigger jump in engine size to anticipate what Suzi. Can you imagine a Honda Civic sized engine between the frame with some Weber carb sized throttlebodies :!: How about a 90mm bore x 60 mm stroke for 1527cc's and 50mm throttlebodies :?: :?: :?:

• 4 years later...