I want to see more women riders at track days...

R6Chic

This year I finally got out on the track and participated in two track days. My first track day was at BeaveRun and by the time the event was over I already knew track days were going to become an addiction of mine. My second track day was at Putnam Park, and after the first track day I was already feeling more confident in my riding ability and I got both of my knees down before the day was over!!! :D Needless to say, I had a blast at that event! The main thing I noticied that was lacking at both events were women riders. Sure, there were a few women riders at both track days I went to but I would love to see more out there. Since I started riding in 2000, I've definitely noticied more women riders on the street and it would be great to have more women on the track showing up the men!! :wink: The great thing for women is that track days can be affordable. (Sorry guys, I know you don't want to hear this part). For women, you can go to www.femmoto.com and registar to get your annual membership for a fee of only $35.00. Then, after you've signed up, track days for club femmoto members through sportbiketracktime are only $100 at most venues. I hope to see more women on the track in 2007, and hey it's good to remember that track days are a great way to learn how to increase your riding skills without having to worry about cops, gravel, oncoming traffic etc.

i have a very good friend of mine who is currently living here in columbus. she is a expert 600 racer who is quite fast and may be gettin her AMA license this fall. her name is Rhiannon Lucente of onefastgirl.com she's currently trying to get her website updated, it's pretty old. she will be with racing along with me at mid-ohio this weekend.

i have a very good friend of mine who is currently living here in columbus. she is a expert 600 racer who is quite fast and may be gettin her AMA license this fall. her name is Rhiannon Lucente of onefastgirl.com she's currently trying to get her website updated, it's pretty old. she will be with racing along with me at mid-ohio this weekend.

That's very cool. I would love to see more women competing with the men in the AMA. I was very pleased to meet and watch Jessica Zalusky this year at Mid Ohio. :D

I don't know if either one of you read RoadRacerX or not. There's been quite a bit of discussion of women and racing, one subject was their own class. I'm staying out of that argument, I didn't make it to this age and still keep my good looks from getting in the middle 8), I learned that real fast raising two girls and a son.

I used to run around with an expert WERA racer back in the nineties, Karen Colway from the Syracuse, NY area. She ran a Honda GP125 and a Yamaha FZR1000, Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

Pops

That's very cool. I would love to see more women competing with the men in the AMA. I was very pleased to meet and watch Jessica Zalusky this year at Mid Ohio. :D

from what i've heard jessica has quite an ego. Rhiannon almost beat her this year at Miller Motorsports Park on a much less prepared bike. she was down atleast 15hp. but we just might see the two of them duking it out together next year, which would be AWESOME!

SportBike riders out of Michigan puts on a pretty relaxed track day. Pretty much tape over your lights and have decent tires, plus leathers. The only problem with that is both times Clutch and I went to Mid Ohio for their track days we spent two hours of down time each time. The first was due to an oil filter coming off, the second was an oil drain plug. I was just glad it wasn't Clutch's, there were a lot of pissed off riders.

Pops