Verizon's collection department

BikerBoy

Okay here is the deal, Someone from Verizon's collection department calls me twice a day, for the last 4 business days, asking me to pay my debit of 164$ , at 8 am i am still not out of bed yet, and i don't really think, so all i heard was that i own them money, so i decided to go and pay it, went and paid my wife's and mine, suprised they were 184$ not 164$ as the lady on the phone told me, anyway today again i was called :o same thing, i told her i paid the bill, and she is like, our system doesn't show that, and if you paid it, you better send us a copy of the receipt by fax, so my answer was, today is monday, a very good day for business, and i'll be too busy, why won't they call and check with their dealers, so she got angry and told me that these calls will continue untiull they get a notice that the bill has been paid.

Calling verizon customer's service today they told me that i don't even have an account in my name with verizon ...... lol

and asked me to get more information from the person calling, and see what exactly are they talking about , so my question is this, if they are calling me about some incorrect information, is there a legal way to get back on them ?

i mean if the information they got was wrong, or if they called the wrong number ?

Thanks

Okay here is the deal, Someone from Verizon's collection department calls me twice a day, for the last 4 business days, asking me to pay my debit of 164$ , at 8 am i am still not out of bed yet, and i don't really think, so all i heard was that i own them money, so i decided to go and pay it, went and paid my wife's and mine, suprised they were 184$ not 164$ as the lady on the phone told me, anyway today again i was called :o same thing, i told her i paid the bill, and she is like, our system doesn't show that, and if you paid it, you better send us a copy of the receipt by fax, so my answer was, today is monday, a very good day for business, and i'll be too busy, why won't they call and check with their dealers, so she got angry and told me that these calls will continue untiull they get a notice that the bill has been paid.

Calling verizon customer's service today they told me that i don't even have an account in my name with verizon ...... lol

and asked me to get more information from the person calling, and see what exactly are they talking about , so my question is this, if they are calling me about some incorrect information, is there a legal way to get back on them ?

i mean if the information they got was wrong, or if they called the wrong number ?

Thanks

Uhh..I would stop payment on whatever card you put that bill on and figure out who the heck u were talking to. Its not safe to pay your bill by phone, especially if you don't even know who's on the other line... Also sign up for "my verizon" online and you can see and pay your bill on there securely. I might even cancel the card who u gave that number to. Especially if verizon has no idea who was calling you... Something sounds shady!

Thanks

Oh... didn't know u were lying to her.. No wonder u didn't show up in the system as paying...

Just sign up for my verizon, and view and pay ur bill.... don't see what the problem is?

Oh... didn't know u were lying to her.. No wonder u didn't show up in the system as paying...

Just sign up for my verizon, and view and pay ur bill.... don't see what the problem is?

looks like i've failed again to deliver what i mean :(

i paid the bill which was 184$

but she is talking about another bill which is 164$

I called verizon and they told me there is not any contract under my name at all " our plan is under my wifes contract "

hope this clears it up