We're Asking For A Favour

ProudPops

My name is Jeff Paskey, aka Proudpops, My son's is Justin Paskey, aka Clutch. It's no secret that he made the wrong decision to try to outrun the CPD. Yesterday was our third court appearance. I'm not saying he didn't fuck up, we both know he did. Justin has never had a violation and here's our best offer. Reduce from an F3 Felony to a F4 Felony with eighteen months in prison. We did not accept that and have a continuance until October nine. Our attorney suggested character reference letters. I have no problem with those who may not know Justin well enough to write a letter. Letter head is preferred but whatever we get is bonus. My mailing address is 5450 E Walnut St, Westerville OH 43081, my email is jlpaskey@yahoo.com. As his father and best friend, I don't want to see him go to prison.

Thank You

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get a letter drafted this week for you. Do you have a certain time they need to be in by? That sucks and sorry to hear it. They are not talking about 18 months and suspending 17 months and 28 days, since this is a first offense? I've never known a person to get that kind of time for fleeing. Insanity!

Letterhead is preferred, but we'll take what we can get. Putty, they're not talking about suspendind anything. Friends, I'm not going to lie to any of you, this is tearing my heart out. Most of you know how close we are and I can't even leave my house right now, I'm a friggin train wreck. We go back to court on October nine, that's when we need the letters by.

Thank you all for your support.

Anybody who wants to use OhioRiders letterhead, let me know. I'll post the DOC file online or email it to you.

Post the letterhead and email me a copy.. I will surely write a letter, I just cant do it on my companies letter head.

He has my full support.

cleaner you arent the one prosecuting him are you? I dont know justin but will write a letter. Pops if you can email me some info I will draft something up, cleaner you got some advice as far as the content of the letter. It seems like they are being rather harsh on him.

IMHO, letters should contain information regarding your experience with Justin and your interaction with him. The best letters will be those from people who have known him for a long time and who can speak on his usual behavior. If you are gonna mention that you're from "Ohio Riders," you'd better indicate exactly what type of group we are. You'd better stress our stance on safety and on following the law. You know, how we wear helmets and gear, etc. That being said, using or mentioning Ohio Riders may draw some attention to this site. You all may want to think twice about specifically mentioning Ohio Riders by name or using letterhead. The "Columbus to Zanesville" thread comes to mind here.

Good luck Proud Pops.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but 50 letters all on the same letterhead seems a little coerced....even though it obviously isn't. Personally, I think it would look better plainly typed in Word, so it does not look like we are all members of a little community.....

Forgive me if I am wrong, but 50 letters all on the same letterhead seems a little coerced....even though it obviously isn't. Personally, I think it would look better plainly typed in Word, so it does not look like we are all members of a little community.....

I was thinking the same thing. Letters with OR letterhead will draw people to the site and not in a good way. I suggest for everyone's sake, that you NOT use Ohio riders letter head or even mention it in your letter.

Listen my friends. I don't think this needs to be taken off the board, but that's my opinion. Our Judge is Patrick Sheeran and the prosecutor is William Walton.

Really, here's the bottom line. Justin made the wrong decision and if anyone else chooses to make that same decision these are some of the possible consiquenses you may face. So if you decide to pin it, be prepared. One other thing, they didn't even turn on their flashers until the bird was over top of Justin, they're not dumbasses.

Im not saying to take it off the board, Im just saying that he will be better off with a regular word document as opposed to letterhead from Ohio riders. if they wanted, they could come on here and based on many of the threads, dis-credit all of the letters on that letterhead. Courts do not expect letters on letterhead from private citizens as letterhead is a representation of a company of similar entity.

I am definitely going to write one for him as I know his character and feel that I have the ability to comment on it. As you said, he is a great person that just made a bad decision. We have all been there before.

Im not saying to take it off the board, Im just saying that he will be better off with a regular word document as opposed to letterhead from Ohio riders. if they wanted, they could come on here and based on many of the threads, dis-credit all of the letters on that letterhead. Courts do not expect letters on letterhead from private citizens as letterhead is a representation of a company of similar entity.

I am definitely going to write one for him as I know his character and feel that I have the ability to comment on it. As you said, he is a great person that just made a bad decision. We have all been there before.

"Jailbait" pics of young girls; discussion of races from city to city; downloadable music; threads of getting into fights with other bikers on the highway...