We're Asking For A Favour

ProudPops

I was curious to hear exactly what the story was behind all this. Can someone tell me if there is a thread that better describes what happened. I tried to look but couldnt find one. Thanks

Here's what happened. Him and R6Chick did 664. He had to be at IP at 4. Before Lancaster he jumped on the 33 bypass and was running 85-90, that's slow for him and we won't take it any further. Blew through a speed trap at Main and 270 and backed off. He told me he kept watching his mirrors until Hamilton Rd, still nothing behind him. He picked it back up and got off at Cleveland Ave. At that point he saw the flashers in his mirrors and figured he needs to move over because they can't be after him, first mistake. He moved over to the right as did the arresting officer. Here comes mistake number two. "If I make Cooper Rd I'll lose him." Mistake number three. If I make it home they can't confiscate the bike. Bad decision. He said when he walked around to the front of his house there wre seven cop cars, seven officers, seven handguns pointed at his face and the NBC4 News truck in his front yard. The rest is history, he's in deep shit and as his Father and best friend I'm going to do everything I can for him

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what happened. Him and R6Chick did 664. He had to be at IP at 4. Before Lancaster he jumped on the 33 bypass and was running 85-90, that's slow for him and we won't take it any further. Blew through a speed trap at Main and 270 and backed off. He told me he kept watching his mirrors until Hamilton Rd, still nothing behind him. He picked it back up and got off at Cleveland Ave. At that point he saw the flashers in his mirrors and figured he needs to move over because they can't be after him, first mistake. He moved over to the right as did the arresting officer. Here comes mistake number two. "If I make Cooper Rd I'll lose him." Mistake number three. If I make it home they can't confiscate the bike. Bad decision. He said when he walked around to the front of his house there wre seven cop cars, seven officers, seven handguns pointed at his face and the NBC4 News truck in his front yard. The rest is history, he's in deep shit and as his Father and best friend I'm going to do everything I can for him

Ouch, that's harsh. In reality I'm not sure how the police kept in him sight that long on the hwy without him noticing, but apparently that's not a good enough reason. Honestly 85-90mph doesn't seem that fast to not pull over, that's only 20-25mph over, which is nothing but a fine and couple points, I know, I've got it personally. But I guess in the heat of things its tempting to run, and this time it didn't pay off. I assumed he was cookin', like 120+ or something to run, which is the only time I've ever done it.

Man, I hope the best for him, 18 months is rediculous, you guys might want to contact Sam Schemanksy, he's good friends of my parents and lives a couple houses down, anyways he's EXCELLENT at what he does and this applies directly, he's helped me out before. I can get you contact info if you'd like.

Good luck.

Thanks for your well wishes. I/we have faith in our lawyer, but Sam has a great reputation in town and in the Biker crowd. That man knows how to get down and dirty.

Putty, I appreciate you wanting to keep this thread focused on Justin. It's 4:20 in the morning and I'm still shredded over this.

Thank You All

Look, guys... Don't do the BS Ohio Riders letterhead deal. Again, the crap talk about street racing and other stuff isn't going to be a good example of people on here. Judge and attorneys see the site and your credit is gonna be shit.

Sit down, get some nice resume paper and format a personal and articulated letter. ONLY if you KNOW Justin personally. No foo, foo crap.

Pops - I'm going to sit down and form a letter on our company letterhead and let them understand more about Justin and how he is at work.

Don't group together on this. Make it look like a series of supporting friends who got together and wrote personal letters. If you have a business and know Justin, that's cool. Company letterhead IF you are a higher up or an owner. Otherwise, it looks like a goob stole some letterhead from his boss and is trying to look professional.

Solid references, folks.

Pops - I'll drop it off next week...

Look, guys... Don't do the BS Ohio Riders letterhead deal. Again, the crap talk about street racing and other stuff isn't going to be a good example of people on here. Judge and attorneys see the site and your credit is gonna be shit.

Sit down, get some nice resume paper and format a personal and articulated letter. ONLY if you KNOW Justin personally. No foo, foo crap.

Pops - I'm going to sit down and form a letter on our company letterhead and let them understand more about Justin and how he is at work.

Don't group together on this. Make it look like a series of supporting friends who got together and wrote personal letters. If you have a business and know Justin, that's cool. Company letterhead IF you are a higher up or an owner. Otherwise, it looks like a goob stole some letterhead from his boss and is trying to look professional.

Solid references, folks.

Pops - I'll drop it off next week...

TRUTH.

As has already been stated, if the prosecution hits this place up it's going to hurt him rather than help him... Especially when PP mentioned, "running 85-90, that's slow for him"... They could dig up anything and everything he's posted (and others have posted about him) as a reference of his character... If there's content about speed and whatnot, he'll be fucked.

I don't know him, so I won't be writing a letter. IMHO, that's another thing that could hurt him.

So myself and a few other riders were discussing this at bike night last night, and the question camme across of priors?? a) has he been convicted of any othere fleeing charges before. b) speeding tickets ( excessive) c) any possible wreckless ops charges in the past. I have known Justin for a few years now and have ridden with him multiple times. our styles are quite similar. i got nailed last year with a wreckless op, but got it reduced down to a 5 over speeding ticket. i know that this is a bit more seriors b/c he ran but at the same time it seems VERY extreme to give him jail time for a first conviction of fleeing. so i guess my big question is, what are his priors? this seems very extreme. i'll get you a letter to.

Fleeing is a VERY serious offense in the eyes of the law, VERY SERIOUS! I was in the same boat 2 years 8 months and 10 days ago, but whose counting. I believe the max sentence is three years in prison, I was lucky to not have to go to jail, well I went for 5 days... But thats nowhere near 18 months. I want to write a letter, but if they look up my record, I dont think they would take it very seriously. Best of luck to you guys!

He's off the hook about it, along with my cousin's husband that is a detective for CPD, but they did say, Justin you really pissed these guys off! I just don't understand the thought process of taking someone that has a full time job, pays his way through society and put him in prison. I don't care if that ticket would have cost $1,000.00, it sure would be better than what we're going through now.

if this is his first offence, then I'd think the judge will show some compassion...

he made a mistake. we all do. this is something that he'll have to live with for the rest of his life.

just remember, a fast bike is no match for a helicopter and a radio... espically in columbus since there's always always a chopper in flight.

i hope it works out for him. thoughts are with you...

FCMC shows case closed??

That's normal. If the charge is a felony and you plead not guilty then you are bound over to criminal court and the case is heard there. You can tell by the disposition code, usually if it is bound over to criminal court it says DISMISSED DIRECT INDICTMENT.

Pops, still working on your letter.

We got our indictment almost immediately, that just means he's been federally indicted and the process starts from here.

I probably haven't had eight hours of sleep since Tuesday because I'm not giving up this fight. Ohio, Colorado, Texas, and Florida are now involved in this. We're talking about my son/best friend. I am doing everything I can to keep him out of prison.

Again, Thank You.