CCW class 9/29

walther_gsp

Good price if anyone is interested, most classes are another $50 or more. I'm already a CCW license holder but thought I'd mention the good price.

Do you have or offer any advanced or tactical training?

If you dont feel like spending the money for advanced training classes, I would suggest looking to see if they hold any IDPA matches in your area.. they are fun, cheap, and great practice for real life situations.

I don't normally teach any "advanced/tactical" stuff outside whats already in the NRA personal protection curriculum. That may change soon if/when I get my OPOTA Firearms Instructor Cert.

For the advanced stuff, places like Thunder Ranch, Gunsite etc... are always a great option. Locally there is a place called TDI that has a great reputation. I've trained with one of their adjunct instructors that was a former navy devgroup guy and he was absolutely awesome.

Ken Hackathorn is local to Ohio and is absolutely top notch. I'm signed up for his 3 day low-light course with larry vickers this fall.

I wanna come but I'll have to think about the $100 ....

if $100 is too much for you then you may as well forget about it until you have more cash..

1. $100 will be for the class only.

2. You will then need around $100 rounds of ammo to complete the required range time. .40 cal cost will be around $35. less or more depending on what caliber gun you use for range time.

3. It will then cost you $55 to file for the application to get your CCW license.

4. oh yeah,, forgot that you have to have passport size photos to take with you for your application aobut $5 at walmart.

i

4. oh yeah,, forgot that you have to have passport size photos to take with you for your application aobut $5 at walmart.

Has anyone actually had their sheriff's office use the passport photos? I have yet to see an instance of them actually using it. Kinda surprised that didn't get taken out when they updated the law in March.

Has anyone actually had their sheriff's office use the passport photos? I have yet to see an instance of them actually using it. Kinda surprised that didn't get taken out when they updated the law in March.

They didnt use mine.. I can only assume that they use it to compare to mugshots or something to tie to records or something... I dont know. I got nothing

I think its original intent was to use for the ID itself because at the time the logistics of the permit were left to the sheriffs and they weren't sure how they were going to handle the picture. However, everyone I've talked to says it was all done via digital camera hooked up to the ID system.

They didnt use mine.. I can only assume that they use it to compare to mugshots or something to tie to records or something... I dont know. I got nothing

:plus1:

That's exactly what I was told when my application was getting processed. They use it for comparison persons for the background check and then take your picture with the digital camera.

12hrs straight....Shit!

It helps not ruin my whole weekend for riding :D

I only teach from time to time, but usually its friends of friends that want a 1 day class to fit in their schedule and get it over and done with. Earlier this summer was the exact opposite, I did one over a period of 2 weeks to fit into my mechanic's schedule.

I do feel bad though. I mean, who wants to listen to me yack for 12 hours? I know I wouldn't.

Whats the point of the ccw.. Even if you got one you cany carry your gun anywhere,Everywhere you go those no weapons sighns are up.. just another way to make money and get people to register. imo I personaly never needed anyones special permission to carry my gun..Which is not very often, only when i go on long road trips and downtown. But best of luck all

Whats the point of the ccw.. Even if you got one you cany carry your gun anywhere,Everywhere you go those no weapons sighns are up.. just another way to make money and get people to register. imo I personaly never needed anyones special permission to carry my gun..Which is not very often, only when i go on long road trips and downtown. But best of luck all

Your opinion has been registered and ignored. Thank you for posting.