CCW class 9/29

walther_gsp

I'm teaching a ccw class this coming Saturday in Copley. Class is the NRA Basic Pistol and qualifies you for your Ohio CCW. Cost is $100. Class will start at 8:30am and run for 12 hours. If anyone is interested, send me a pm.

Thats a great price ...mine cost $139 at OLETC in Grove City ....i had a blast and the instructor was awesome.

+1000000

Ludefreak = jonny toughguy..

+1 .....i stay out of bad situations if possible but sometimes you may have to go somewhere that is questionable as far as safety goes and hell that could be anywhere nowadays.....lets say to drop someone off, pick them up, maybe the ATM at night because you really have to pay a bill that you forgot, Or you want some cash to go just in case you decide to buy something somewhere that doesnt have "plastic machines"....you never know. And to get stopped by Barny Fife and not have the CCW endorsement would suck when you are just trying to protect your own ass or your loved ones.

The amount of places with the "no gun" signs is definitely absurd, however. Especially when they are mandated by law (privately owned bars, for example). Decisions should be left up to the property owners at all times.

it should be but ........but.....if you think you may get into a situation stay out of those places.....too bad the law here isnt like Florida's they got the best CCW law around.

The class today went great. Ended up with a lot of last minute cancelations, but that is to be expected. Covered all the Basic PIstol core material, added in some from the personal protection course, and I did cover some more advanced topics/demos of things like low light techniques, the El Presidente drill, the box drill, weak hand, shooting from retention, etc... Also got to cover my wholely inappropriate and crude analogy for helping correct issues people have with keeping proper sight alignment/focusing on the front sight while pulling the trigger.

Unfortunately, I've had the onset of a cold for about 2 days, and I think a combination of all that sinus drainage and talking for 12 hours will net me a pretty bad sore throat by morning.

Monk... I only met you once, but I would have never pegged you for the gun carrying type... :cheers:

i cant say i am the type or maybe i am ......but i used to do alot of shooting i.e. IDPA, ODNR ranges etc. I havent been to an IDPA match in almost a year but may go the second weekend in OCT down in Circleville. I do carry normally in the morning since i get up and leave early for work...and at night if i am going to be out and about. I dont pretend to be some macho gun slinger looking for a knucklehead to take out i just like to ready as possible if something were to unfortunately happen. I figure what gives these assholes a right to be here alive more than me.