scorpion exo-400 helmets? anyone have one?

JamesE

Scorps are no louder than any other helmet. They just don't flow a ton of air. If you get one pick up an Aero Skirt (on the rack of accessories about $8) It helps a lot. The key to quiet is sealing the helmet around your neck area. There are a bunch of products to do it. One is Windjammer, and they have another type at IP (forget the name). And it goes without saying get ear plugs.

The 700 is really a great helmet. I'm looking at this EXO-900. It's a brand new flip with a ton of features. Heavy, though.

i'm surprised so many people find their Scorpions to be loud. I've had 3 other helmets:

Scorps are no louder than any other helmet. They just don't flow a ton of air.

Agreed.... I've never been bothered by excessive wind/road noise in mine either, or the extra weight some complain of. Fits great, & the defog shield works awesome. I'd still be wearing mine, had I not won the orange carbon fiber HJC at the Meat 'n Greet last summer :D

Those prices on that one website above are outstanding. I paid $150 for my EXO400 + extra mirrored shield 4 years ago at the IMS in Cleveland, & thought that was a solid deal back then, for a DOT/Snell 2005 approved helmet. Don't think they'd come out with the 1000 at that point... 700 was top of the line IIRC. Couldn't touch a Snell rating for twice that back then