King of the Hill (climb)

Zorro

Putty, Flounder, Charles (not a member), Al (not a member), BrownBear (not a member) and myself went back down to Wayne Nat'l forest to play in the dirt and basically beat the crap out of ourselves.

If any of you read my post regarding our last trip to Wayne, you'd know that I crashed my ride on a hill climb. I ordered new parts and they have arrived. However, before I put them on my quad, I wanted another shot at The Hill.

Here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KKnXBksMek):

Putty's buddy Charles tried the hill before my attempt...but flipped halfway up.

Putty's other buddy Al, also attempted this hill. The first time he tried it, he hit neutral half way up and flipped it. However, Al was not to be denied!!! Before Putty could hit the 'record' button, Al was back at it. Luckily for all of us, Putty is fast with the camera and was able to record the important parts. :)

Here's Al's video(

)

Al was ok after the crash...his 700 Raptor..."not so much". If you watch the last flip, it landed fairly hard on the right front wheel. Here are pics from the damage.

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

He was able to drive it out of the woods at a very slow pace.

Putty was scared to attempt the hill that cause 3 wrecks this week and 1 wreck 2 weeks ago. However, he did go down this hill and back up. We only captured the video of him coming back up...and our taunting him. The video does not capture the full difficulty of this hill.

Here's Putty's video (

)

Click the links for larger videos.

Hey guys. Glad to see your enjoying the great out doors.I wanted to see you were doing any more rides in the dirt that will be open to every one.I would like to go with you at some point.I have a LTZ400 so I may be able to keep up some of the time.The construction zone on 161 sounds like a blast. Let me know when and i'll be there .

We are planning on loading both bikes in my truck to avoid the trailer and then park the truck somewhere "discrete" and then go ripping ass down through there and get far away from the truck . Hopefully if they see us they will think we are from one of the neighboring farms. Zorro, Im suprised you want to go.. I thought trails was your style.. you give me shit everytime I say I want to get somewhere to open it up. Just so you know, its not much more then a long ass dirt straight where they are putting in a new highway.

You're right...I don't care to "open it up". If I want to go fast in a straight line, I'll "open up" my R1 (non-yamaha fans...please keep your comments to yourself :) ). We found a sweet place to "open it up" on Saturday. Was this not good enough for you?! As soon as we rode thru that trail...a good 3 minutes of top gear riding, you stop and immediately ask strangers "Hey, do you know of any place we can open these up?!" So, that's why I ask my previous question. Or were you just trying to show off?

Asking questions like makes you sound like a dirt squid (what's the proper term for this?!). That's like being at the Dragon and asking for directions to 270.

...And I never said I wanted to go.

Yeah, I was in there. I got there about 11:30ish...stayed til the end of the Steelers game. I had a Polamalu jersey on...black. I usually sit in the middle of the steelers section on the right. Bananas, BornSinner, and a few other riders stop in from time to time. I'm there for every Steelers game...stop in!

You're right...I don't care to "open it up". If I want to go fast in a straight line, I'll "open up" my R1 (non-yamaha fans...please keep your comments to yourself :) ). We found a sweet place to "open it up" on Saturday. Was this not good enough for you?! As soon as we rode thru that trail...a good 3 minutes of top gear riding, you stop and immediately ask strangers "Hey, do you know of any place we can open these up?!" So, that's why I ask my previous question. Or were you just trying to show off?

Asking questions like makes you sound like a dirt squid (what's the proper term for this?!). That's like being at the Dragon and asking for directions to 270.

...And I never said I wanted to go.

Maybe that was opening it up for you but I was barely in 4th.. I just want to run it good once to see what it has... If I want to go fast, I can grab the streetbike also but I would like to run the dirt bike to see how the engine feels. I wouldnt call just getting to shift into 4th "top gear riding" Common sense would tell you that if I asked someone where we could open it up, that I was no where near opening it up on that trail. While you may have been running the piss out of your quad, I wasnt even close to being wound out. You may want to think about that before you rattle off something like dirt squid. yeah chris, I was trying to show off as you put it.. i didnt really expect such an ignorant comment from you..

Yeah, sometimes i'll surprise ya.

I'm sitting out the 161 ride. Be safe and watch out for the five-o.

What a b itch..!!...Why pass up a time to ride dirt....it's local. Lets hit Lowe's today after work.....anyone?

What a b itch..!!...Why pass up a time to ride dirt....it's local. Lets hit Lowe's today after work.....anyone?

I would love to but I have to hit the gym... with the weather starting to get colder, Wednesday nights at Lowes may just become my new bike night.