Honda C70 Passport, 1981 (Bowling Green) $800

Craigslist

For sale is my 1981 Honda C70 Passport

This Scooter is very solid which makes it ideal for a restoration project or to tune and start riding. I purchased this classic with the intention of restoring it back to its original glory with the dream of taking it to shows. Unfortunately for me my job is taking me to North Carolina for the next three years and I have no garage to store her. So as they say, my loss is your gain. This scooter is for sale as is and I make no warranty. I’m not a mechanic but I am an enthusiast so I make no claim to be accurate, I just will call it like I see it and am happy to answer any questions.

This scooter got me to and from campus while taking classes at BGSU and burns about 1 gallon per 130 miles! It was awesome, plus parking is a breeze when going to places with cramped parking lots like campus or the store. It has only 3, 604 miles on it and rides well.

The engine runs perfect and was just given an oil change. This scooter does have some small issues that I should mention such as the way it starts. It has an electric start that has been acting up recently (I think it may be shorting out in the start switch which costs $15 on ebay). The kick start needs to be adjusted and I just don’t have the patience to do it. So the way I have been starting it is by coasting it in first gear. The original seat cover has a tear covered with black tape and one of the front turn indicators has a hole in the plastic. The front turn indicators are not working (I don’t think the electrical connection is plugged it) but since it is a scooter I just use hand signals when out cruising. I will include the Haynes service and repair manual for this bike which is a $30 value. I suggest that you have a mechanic check it out before taking it on the road as it has been sitting for over a year.

This is the scooter that can’t die and has been called “the greatest motorcycle ever!” Check out this youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLjnqkXNWJs

This scooter is priced fairly so please no insulting low ball offers.

Thanks for looking!

More...