We all want to grow up to be this guy...

F4iBunny

I was watching one of those real ER shows where they film at hospitals lastnight. I thought to myself that it was strange that they hadn't had any victims from a motorcycle crash yet and the next patient was just that. He was at the track with a 125 Honda and at about 110mph the engine seized up and he high-sided, landing on his shoulder. He, of course, had on full leathers and a helmet. He ended up with a dislocated shoulder, fractured collar bone, a pneumothorax (air in his chest) and maybe something to his wrist too. They asked if he's ever crashed before and would be on the bike again. He said he had had several crashes but he wasn't sure about getting back on the bike this time, as this was the worst of his injuries (lucky guy, really).

This guy was 71 years old!!! :wheelchair: He had been racing for about 40 years!!! His wife was right there with him! I want to be that cool when I'm that old!!!

And at the end of the show it showed him right back on the track!

There is a guy that Runs Fasttrax and some WERA vintage races, he is 73-75 years old and is racing the same Kawasaki Z1 he raced in the Daytona 200 back in the 70s.

He crashed this year at Nelson Ledges in turn one. He has already been back out on the track racing again.

Hats off to you Bill Bloom.

• 2 weeks later...