CBR-1000 actual pic...10r, too

Putty

I can't belive that I'm the first to see the simularity between the honda and the daytona 675. They are very simular, the honda looks like the 675 that has bumped in to a wall.The headlights are even the same shape.

You're the first because you're the only one. Put the bing down and look closer. Just because the deadlights (bigger on the Honda) look the "same shape" doesn't make it look the same overall...

I liked the older ones better. That exhaust on the Kawi belongs on a scooter, and a small one. And the front turnsignals? Were they stapled or duct-taped on as an afterthought...("Wait! We forgot the front blinkers...!)

The Honda hopefully looks better in person. To me the pictures look better than the Honda website shots, but it is still disheartening.

It looks as if all their inspiration went from birds (Hayabusa, the 2000 Gixxer series that were patterned after various Falcons) and it looks like my 2005 CBR1000 was patterned after a bird as well, with its beak nose. Remember, they were working on the '05 models in '03 or so.

They have went with African animals now.

The Honda = Cape Water Buffalo

The Kawi = A Wildebeast, I think it is, an animal with very long straight antlers. (It looks long in the face, and is always running from lions on various nature channels).

And both have stubby tails so predators can't latch on and kill them.

Make sense, or is it the chronic?

I liked the older ones better. That exhaust on the Kawi belongs on a scooter, and a small one. And the front turnsignals? Were they stapled or duct-taped on as an afterthought...("Wait! We forgot the front blinkers...!)

The Honda hopefully looks better in person. To me the pictures look better than the Honda website shots, but it is still disheartening.

It looks as if all their inspiration went from birds (Hayabusa, the 2000 Gixxer series that were patterned after various Falcons) and it looks like my 2005 CBR1000 was patterned after a bird as well, with its beak nose. Remember, they were working on the '05 models in '03 or so.

The Kawi = A Wildebeast, I think it is, an animal with very long straight antlers. (It looks long in the face, and is always running from lions on various nature channels).

NO MORE DRUGS FOR THIS GUY ^^ :D

JohnnyMac, your're my homie but I think it's the chronic.....

Lol, What predator would be latching onto a Honda, a Harley? We know the Suzuki would be out in front... :D

Musta been the chronic. That was some real Snoop Dogg "thashiznit..."

Seriously, if you read a lot like I do it's well documented that Suzuki used birds of prey as their inspiration for the 2000 model line up of bikes. All you Gixxer fans out there should check out the book on GSX-Rs that Marc Cook wrote that was available at Suzuki dealers. It's a really well-written coffee-table book on the entire GSX-R story with tons of pictures. A must-own, and it shows you where your baby came from. It was written for the 20th anniversary of the GSX-R. Has concept drawings they were considering for different models as well.

I honestly don't know what everyone's using now for inspiration. The bikes IMO look more and more recently like used toilet paper. It's like they want to go naked on them but can't totally do so. Funky. And what's with he circular logo on the tank? Copy cats of an ugly idea in the first place.

Bring back a slightly freshened-up version of the bikes Schwantz, Rainey, Lawson and Doohan raced on, 500cc clean-burning 2-strokes with traction control, and that would be totally cool. They looked like race bikes and sounded better than a four-stroke ever will.

Or make them look like little military jet fighters...:)

Whoops, here we go again...! (cough)