?

GhostRider357

hey guys...as mostof u know im looking to buy a bike in the spring...i can mostly afford used but im looking at the YZF-R6S...its pretty inexpensive for a 600class bike....ive just been enamored by suzuki though so im trying to learn about the other name brands....some people say honda engines are shit (i dont really believe that becasue everything else honda runs for a long ass time) and soe people says yamahas are shitty to....what do u guys think. if i buy a yamaha/honda/suzuki/kawasaki am i getting a piece of shit?:confused:

and yes i know its hard to tell with any used bike....it all depends on how well its maintained....im just talking about the company's rep. in general

All of the Japanese bikes are good. But since every company sells thousands of units each year, some are gonna be sold with defects. No company has ever released a bike without somebody having a complaint about a defect. Any difference in quality is minuscule.

I know you're looking for a sport bike, but I've got a BMW K1100LT that will be as much fun as a sport bike in the twisties and be comfortable for the long haul. I've done many twisties and have done quite a few 1,000+ days. Its a K1100LT. Not too many of them around this area but they are pretty much bulletproof. I've got over 60,000 trouble free miles. If anyone is interested PM me. The price is cheaper than a sport bike.

My wife (250bunny) is also looking at the R6s as her next step up bike. She also like the feel of the Honda CBR600 F4i (twin sport seats not the single big seat)

Pretty close to those is the Kawasaki ZZR600

Hope that helps a little.

It will be a long one as the question does not have a black or white answer, its just people own thoughts & ideas so no wrong answer. After a page or so it will normally start to drift off topic though.

I say for for the F4i

(unless you like the naked style bikes, but thats a whole new long thread)

just sit on all of them, and decide which is most comfortable for you. Personally I'd stick with a fuel injected bike. There's not a real difference between them that, other than a select few on this board, are ever going to notice, so sit on them, decide which is comfortable and go from there.

I love my Suzie, it's a bigger bike, fits me well, the only thing I'd change is more distance between seat and pegs, I've got bad knees and the tightness there takes it's toll after 3-4 hours of riding. Now on the other hand, I took LPSanders CBR for a spin, the seat/peg position was okay for me, but the distance between the clip ons, and the whole bike in general felt way to narrow for me, not to mention being over 6' i could look over the front end at the forks. wasn't a big fan.

just sit on all of them, and decide which is most comfortable for you. Personally I'd stick with a fuel injected bike. There's not a real difference between them that, other than a select few on this board, are ever going to notice, so sit on them, decide which is comfortable and go from there.

I love my Suzie, it's a bigger bike, fits me well, the only thing I'd change is more distance between seat and pegs, I've got bad knees and the tightness there takes it's toll after 3-4 hours of riding. Now on the other hand, I took LPSanders CBR for a spin, the seat/peg position was okay for me, but the distance between the clip ons, and the whole bike in general felt way to narrow for me, not to mention being over 6" i could look over the front end at the forks. wasn't a big fan.

amen, i wish i would have bought a fuel injected bike. But i still love it. Mine is also a bigger bike, ive rode all the newer cbrs, gsxrs, an r6...they were all so narrow and unconfortable.

hey guys...as mostof u know im looking to buy a bike in the spring...i can mostly afford used but im looking at the YZF-R6S...its pretty inexpensive for a 600class bike....ive just been enamored by suzuki though so im trying to learn about the other name brands....some people say honda engines are shit (i dont really believe that becasue everything else honda runs for a long ass time) and soe people says yamahas are shitty to....what do u guys think. if i buy a yamaha/honda/suzuki/kawasaki am i getting a piece of shit?:confused:

and yes i know its hard to tell with any used bike....it all depends on how well its maintained....im just talking about the company's rep. in general

A better question might be "What specific make/model/years should I stay away from and why?"

If you want something that EVERYONE else has then I say go for the Suzuki, you will never be short of friends who you will have something in common with. If your going for looks then I still vote for Yamaha.. I know I am a little biased lol.. mechanically, the differences are so small you will never be able to tell. Just get something that fits your riding style, get something that you are comfortable on. My second choice would be a Honda though