Charleston, SC

Bad324

I have only been there once and was with family so didn't get to try out any nightlife or fun stuff. Looking for suggestions of where to go and what to do and any off the the beaten path kinda stuff I should do. Going with a couple buddies for golf and want to hit up some good party spots as well. Suggestions?

For one, Rainbow Row has no clubs, it's a block of old townhouses. ;)

As far as golf, I can't help you. My favorite place to go was Tommy Condon's, on Church street. Market Street has Wild Wings, TBonz, couple of other places that change with the weather but they're all pretty much decent. East Bay St has some good places, King St has a few but that's mostly your higher end shopping. Meeting St is where you'll get off of I26, and it will take you right down to the heart of downtown. It's all walking distance-find somewhere to park (you're better off tryin to find a spot in a garage than on the street) and go, pretty much. No smoking in any bar downtown, so the already crowded sidewalks are now really packed. It's a college town, with an historic flair.

For one, Rainbow Row has no clubs, it's a block of old townhouses. ;)

As far as golf, I can't help you. My favorite place to go was Tommy Condon's, on Church street. Market Street has Wild Wings, TBonz, couple of other places that change with the weather but they're all pretty much decent. East Bay St has some good places, King St has a few but that's mostly your higher end shopping. Meeting St is where you'll get off of I26, and it will take you right down to the heart of downtown. It's all walking distance-find somewhere to park (you're better off tryin to find a spot in a garage than on the street) and go, pretty much. No smoking in any bar downtown, so the already crowded sidewalks are now really packed. It's a college town, with an historic flair.

Golf is covered already, we are actually staying down in Kiawah for free at a Villa so were gonna try and crash at a friend of a friends in Charleston so I don't have to drive back.

Any places that we should definitely go or definitely stay away from?

Depends on what you're looking for? But yeah, stay away from the Pantheon, dude was right about that one, lol.....Tommy Condon's is an Irish pub, live (Irish) music on the weekends-well, it starts very traditional but towards the end of the night they always pull out their rendition of Dixie. ;) Really good, tho. Honestly, I haven't been back in 3 years so I don't know what bars are/are not still there, but there's not really any I can think of that you need to stay away from. If you're lookin for stuff to do during the day, downtown is still really cool to walk around, even if you're just takin pics of random stuff. There's Forts Moultrie and Sumter that you can go tour, and the aquarium is really nice. Boat tours and ghost tours and all sorts of stuff.

Yea I did all the touristy stuff last year when I went with the family so this probably will end up being mostly partying along with golf and beach related drinking

I was in charleston last year for St Patricks day and I had a blast on Market Street. You cant go wrong, just go down the street and pick a place I ended up in this old church that was turned into a bar/dance club at night and lunch restaurant by day. I didnt realize it was a church till the next day after I droped my military id down the sewer gutter.

Just watch which beaches you drink on-I believe you can on Folly, and maybe some parts of IoP (like by the Windjammer), but for the most part you can't. Not that it's highly enforced, mind you, just be smart about it. And it's not like here-don't even think about stepping out the door of the bar with alcohol.

Just watch which beaches you drink on-I believe you can on Folly, and maybe some parts of IoP (like by the Windjammer), but for the most part you can't. Not that it's highly enforced, mind you, just be smart about it. And it's not like here-don't even think about stepping out the door of the bar with alcohol.

I can 2nd that statement! I was drunk and walked outside with a beer not even thinking anything about it and a few cops nabbed me and brought me to their police tent and started threating me by taking me to jail and what not and i saw a trash can threw the beer away and all of a sudden these cops just left without a word really quick. It was a really weird expierence now that i think about it.