Wheel reconditioning/fixing at Wheel Medics

twincharge7

To all,

Since Nick and I need to have our wheels reconditioned and fixed, we may get cheaper price as a group. Let me know if anyone interested to do this. I'll find more info this week.

Stevan

Roll Call:

Twincharge7: 4

Jbot: 1

Lenko: 3

Flounder: 2

Warpspeed: 1

Total so far: 11

Edited by twincharge7

I've got a wobbly bent 600rr front wheel, might be fixable. I'm in but it better be darn cheap because I've already got a good used one for $150.

my local dayton straighteners charge $150...simpler to buy another wheel.

Its understandable if they charge more I can see it taking more than $100 worth of expertise & equipment though.

Is this 135 to just straighten/true the wheels, or is this full on reconditioning - i.e. straightening painting etc? I need to get my 2 on my CBR fixed like yesterday. Let me know please.

If I was to guess I would assume it is just for the straightening but you would have to have stevan call and check.

I have a bent lip on the rear wheel that could use some straightening. No idea how much stuff like this costs, but would like to keep it under $75 if possible.

He already stated it would be more then $75...

Wheel medics are only willing to give 10% off of $135.

Wheel medic is the only shop in the area, clifford automotive has a guy but he is out of town for 3 weeks so he can't even provide prices. Will's Rim Repair is the best pricing I have found so far, but he is hard to get a response from sometimes. Plus you have to ship to his shop in SC and then pay return shipping.

wheel medic will straighten and fully refinish most car wheels for $100 for columbusracing members, so i assume a bike wheel would be cheaper....not sure if they would hook up OR members, but i know theres a lot of people here that are also on CR...call down to mike at wheelmedic and tell him youre from OR and are wondering if you guys can get the CR discount since youre having so many wheels done

wheel medic will straighten and fully refinish most car wheels for $100 for columbusracing members, so i assume a bike wheel would be cheaper....not sure if they would hook up OR members, but i know theres a lot of people here that are also on CR...call down to mike at wheelmedic and tell him youre from OR and are wondering if you guys can get the CR discount since youre having so many wheels done

Damn - I forgot they give us discounts. Thanks Tyler.

I called this morning (I did not mention the above) and they told me $108 per wheel to put it on the lathe and make it straight and true. I will call again and ask for Mike for the CR discount. I will let you guys know what I find out.

Damn - I forgot they give us discounts. Thanks Tyler.

I called this morning (I did not mention the above) and they told me $108 per wheel to put it on the lathe and make it straight and true. I will call again and ask for Mike for the CR discount. I will let you guys know what I find out.

yea his post on CR with that price includes refinishing aswell as straightening

Most wheels are around $100 to straighten and refinish for CR members. Usually takes 2-3 business days.

Let me know if I can be a help for the members here. My wheels were picked up by wheelmedics already because I cant wait anymore. Yes, wheelmedics is more expensive but I won't trade quality and location for cheaper price. Last time, I had very dissapointing results for paying $450 to have my machessini wheels fixed, repaired and painted :(

Let me know if I can be a help for the members here. My wheels were picked up by wheelmedics already because I cant wait anymore. Yes, wheelmedics is more expensive but I won't trade quality and location for cheaper price. Last time, I had very dissapointing results for paying $450 to have my machessini wheels fixed, repaired and painted :(

Should have sent them here !! Best work Ive ever seen ! I tried ?? LOL

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/Video.htm