so i won a .243......

kawi kid

I attended the national wild turkey federation banquet saturday night and bought a $275 raffle ticket and walked out with a Savage .243 with a scope. anyone have one likes or dislikes? The only thing i have really read so far is the scope could be upgraded but over all its a nice beginner rifle (the scope is a simmons). i just wanted something for ground hogs this summer cuz im tired of borrowing my dads 22-250. Also has anyone ever messed with the savage accu-trigger?

Thanks,

Brian

I own a Savage 11BVSS w/ the accutrigger in .243 (similar to the 12BVSS). I also have a Bushnell 6-18 x 50 AOJ scope on it with Millet bases and rings. It's good well out to 300 yards plus with good ammo. The trigger setup is pretty simple, you'll need to removed the trigger guard to access the screw that sets the amount of pull. I love mine, you'll do the same.

GroundandAirArsenal003.jpg

Good gun.. Good trigger.. let me know if you need any help setting it up. What model savage is it.

the model number is 11fxp4. im thinking about bore sighting it this week in my basement. not sure if its worth it or not. is it possible that it could be bore sighted from the factory?? i shot it once already and fifty yards first shot was two inches up and right and the second shot was bullseye? luck or is it already sighted??

max there was ALOT of stuff on that table worth over 275 ;)