Thanks to Rueben @ 35 Motorsports

SJC1000rr

I wanted to give a big thanks to Reuben for all the work he did on my bike over the winter. I brought my bike to him at pretty much the worse time ever, with the semi blizzard conditions that closed down many parts of the interstate and schools for days. And on an open trailer no less. :(

When I got there, Reuben greeted me outside and helped me unload the bike. Unfortunately, the cover that I had put over the bike had gotten torn and the bike was pretty much trashed with snow and salt. (Imagine taking your bike and pouring a whole bag of flour over it…..that’s about what it looked like from the salt and packed snow) Knowing how this would eat away at the metal, he pushed it into the garage to let the snow melt and we went over what I wanted to have done. I got loaded back up for the trip home and Reuben got out his hose and sprayed down the bike to clean what he could.

I brought him his first Ohlins 30mm kit for the front and he did the background on what would be best for my bike. He got it installed with little hassle, as to be expected even though the stock tubes make it super tight. Next went in Penske Shock. The CBR didn’t really have a great place to put in the reservoir, but Reuben made room and clamped it all in. And finally, as I had a done a pretty noobish job at safety wiring up the bike, I asked him to go over it and fix anything I did wrong or install the parts that I missed. Man o Man, did he do a great job. New R-Clips inside tubing to make it easier to change tires and move around.

And as proof of the detail that Reuben does and goes through….some of the nuts and bolts had already started to corrode, but that did stop Reuben! He got out his tools and cleaned them up to almost as new! Here’s some pics of finished product, notice how detailed clean it is and not like a flour bag!

Rueben1.JPG

Rueben2.JPG

Rueben3.JPG

Rueben4.JPG

Rueben5.JPG

Edited by SJC1000rr

And on a side note, I took my 1000rr out for him to check what Superbike Suspension did to it at CMP....he instantly found the problem. No rebound or compression damping (1/2 click?) He adjusted it to the proper setting and gave it back to me in 2 minutes at no charge!!!! Versus the 15min $80 setup that almost caused me to wreck. I will be going out to him from now on and recommend him to anyone with questions or needing work on their bikes.