Fork Springs

blackgsxr1000

After talking with yotaman, I have come to conclusion that when we replace my fork seals, I am also going to replace the Springs. Does any know of a cheap place to find some and what springs I should get for a 2005 GSXR 1000. I also way about 225lb with out gear. Thanks for the help... Happy Riding

225 lbs with no gear and you guys think .95s??? I run 1.0s in mine and I am only 190...

I'd say 1.0s in my opinion. Racetech's calculator is good as an idea and that's about it... May need a 1.05, but I'd try a 1.0 first. You can also mix and match to get a 1.025, etc...

You should be able to find springs for $100 or around that...

Stock springs are more than likely dual rate springs and you'll never really get them dialed in right. Call someone like Rubin or a shop that specializes in suspensions to get a solid answer...not saying there aren't credible people on here though.

www.sonicsprings.com - they'll be cheaper than racetech. I believe mine were about $80, and they have a spring-rate calculator that's pretty useful and accurate.

Rich Desmond is either the owner, or the employee I dealt with. Good guy, and he'll help you with install questions, etc.

Edited by redkow97