Can someone help plz

CoolWhip

Hey Guys,

Here comes another thread of me showing my squidly noobness because I know nothing about bikes, but I want to learn. The starter on my 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650cc died and I absolutely cannot find a new one. I have tried everyone, Iron Pony, Weimer, Rusty Riders, the Honda dealerships, and no one can find a new starter for me. The starter is too far gone to be able to be rebuilt so I have no idea what I am going to do. Does anyone know if there is another model starter that will work on my bike or where I can get one? I have heard that I should try the Rice Paddy, but they are only open on Thursdays and Fridays so I can't get a hold of them. Please help me out guys, I am desperate to ride!!!!!

will that work?

The link I gave you? I'm assuming yes by the listing. I cross checked it with the parts fiche and it looks like the same part. You still accept risk with buying anything on Egay though.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=123817&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1983&fveh=2958

Also, does anyone know how I can "bump start" or "pop the clutch" and get my bike started without a working starter?

btw, i was just kidding.

Yeah get it rolling either down hill or by friends pushing you, with key on put in 2nd or 3rd gear, pull in on clutch, go as fast as you can and let the clutch out. It should start.

btw, i was just kidding.

Yeah get it rolling either down hill or by friends pushing you, with key on put in 2nd or 3rd gear, pull in on clutch, go as fast as you can and let the clutch out. It should start.

I just had to do this, a couple days ago? 1st time doing it, just got pushed...pulled in the clutch in nuetral, and it fired up. Surprised it worked without being in 2nd...but it did. :dunno:

No dude...that seriously was the wrong one. Wtf, you couldn't even tell a little bit!? :wtf:

Aww...come on chev lol. Could had a little more fun with him. :p

Well I already fessed up before he asked again. I didn't want him trying to get out of it and losing it, I'd feel bad.

I just had to do this, a couple days ago? 1st time doing it, just got pushed...pulled in the clutch in nuetral, and it fired up. Surprised it worked without being in 2nd...but it did. :dunno:

Yeah it'll work in first but second will be a smoother, less jerky start usually.