my re-intro... i has questions

hummingbird

^ the friends thing is weird on this site and i dont know if you invited me or theres a default or something...

i dont know much about bikes period. i like the styling of the sv650, cbr600, ninjas gsxr600 etc.. not a big fan of harley, rebel, vulcan styling...

my budget is pretty much maxed at 2000, im also in the market for a 4x4 diesel and that is my first priority, the bike will be the counter balance for gas mileage

yes commute up to 2 hrs, carve, and still be comfortable.

i think im comfortable with a bike that is bigger than 250cc, but i want something rev happy and reliable, easy to work on, cheap to fix... like the bmw 3 series of cars

something common, not exotic. also i love the 'naked' style bikes, not all plasticy and big

Well I have a 96 FZR 600. It's fairly confortble and will still get into the curves. It isn't as far leaning forwar as a lot of bikes. But it has plastics, although you can always take them off. Ninja 250s are a reliable and cheap bike. They do well in twisties but leave quite a bit to be desired for highway cruising and pickup power. Other people will be able to give you more info on bikes.

use their bike for the course. there's a few bikes in the classified section on here. V4Junkie's bike is a good deal and comes with helmet and jacket i think

completely agree, if I could convince my roommate out of only wanting a zx6r I would make him jump all over this deal

Welcome btw!