'06 GSXR vs. '09 GSXR

PrincessPratt

Well I went ahead and bit the bullent purchasing the white 2009 GSXR 600. I am so in love with this bike. Although the majority of you know I still suck at cornering this bike is extremely forgiving. My fiance and I were riding in hocking hills this past weekend and I wanted to ride my 2006 GSXR 600 back so I did. Wow what a difference. I used to love that ride but now have no desire to ever ride it again. The cornering capacity seems so much harder for me. Ray doesn't like it as well either but we're not getting another bike this year b/c of costs of wedding preparations. So after all that....does anyone know what the big differences are in the bikes? Anyone ridden an 06 and then an 09? Maybe it's just me. Would having the suspension done for the track on the 06 affect it? For the majority of you this may seem elementary but I'm still gonna ask. :dunno:

No the 2006 has continental sport attacks on them that only had one track weekend and BARELY any riding from last year. :( You know from my ability on the track that they weren't worn at all. LoL.

theres your problem, the sport attacks drop in slow, and then they get steeper towars the edge of the tire, i had them on my srad for a bit a couple of years ago, i hated them, switched to pirelli corsa 3's and loved them...or it could just be the tire pressure

No the 2006 has continental sport attacks on them that only had one track weekend and BARELY any riding from last year. :( You know from my ability on the track that they weren't worn at all. LoL.

so let me get this straight... By your own admission, you aren't exactly lightning quick; and you thought the BIKE was the problem:confused:

Thanks to those of you who were very nice to give your opinion. To the one ass in the bunch...well....

And Jeff you're right but I still like the black one so I wanted to still ride it on occasion and hopefully get it to the track later in the summer. You KNOW I need it! I didn't get another bike b/c I didn't like the 06 but b/c there was an addition to the family and it was needed (well kinda sorta). You've ridden them both and you even said you love the new one much better. I'm changing the oil in the black one this weekend and checking everything out. :) I may call you....