New lady rider in Hamilton/West Chester area!

KawiGurl

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sis just got a black 09 250r. She still keeps it here in dayton. Btw welcome!...

Does she enjoy it? I think its an awesome bike for someone just starting out and also experienced riders. My brother and all his friends are amazed by my bike and they have 500's or higher

Does she enjoy it? I think its an awesome bike for someone just starting out and also experienced riders. My brother and all his friends are amazed by my bike and they have 500's or higher

For sure! She loves it to death. It is an awesome bike, ESPECIALLY for beginners. Im still a noob and I find it very forgiving. Its also a very nimble bike which makes it more fun. How long have u been riding? My sis just got it a few weeks ago.

For sure! She loves it to death. It is an awesome bike, ESPECIALLY for beginners. Im still a noob and I find it very forgiving. Its also a very nimble bike which makes it more fun. How long have u been riding? My sis just got it a few weeks ago.
I have only had mine a few weeks as well. I am trying to learn from my brother but I realize its more a learn from experience process. I just get out and go down the alley mostly. I will work my way up from there. I have only actually been on it 3 times.

I have only had mine a few weeks as well. I am trying to learn from my brother but I realize its more a learn from experience process. I just get out and go down the alley mostly. I will work my way up from there. I have only actually been on it 3 times.

Haha ya Im doing the exact same with my sis... Theres only so much you can teach/tell. The rest is getting a feel/used to your bike. Like brakes, clutch, accelerator etc... Honestly i think thats how much she's ridden also. The most she's ridden was when we went for a small ride in our neighborhood going through every street. I think she stalled like 10 times though haha

:) Another lady rider! :welcome:

I had too much fun playing around with a Kawi Ninja 250 on the track. That thing can fly!

Hi there and thanks! I haven't heard a single bad thing about this bike and every forum and review I read is all positive. It has plenty of power and if I wanted I could reach 90mph no problem! And honestly that is plenty for me and most people with any sense (unless they are racing)

Haha ya Im doing the exact same with my sis... Theres only so much you can teach/tell. The rest is getting a feel/used to your bike. Like brakes, clutch, accelerator etc... Honestly i think thats how much she's ridden also. The most she's ridden was when we went for a small ride in our neighborhood going through every street. I think she stalled like 10 times though haha
Yeah getting the clutch is tricky. I stalled in the beginning but caught on pretty quick. I haven't stalled when I was out riding or at a stop sign so I am happy for that

Hi there and thanks! I haven't heard a single bad thing about this bike and every forum and review I read is all positive. It has plenty of power and if I wanted I could reach 90mph no problem! And honestly that is plenty for me and most people with any sense (unless they are racing)

It's a great starter bike for both the road and the track. There's a reason why it's been Kawi's #1 selling bike for the last couple decades. Wonderful choice. :)

I started out on a 07 Ninja 250. Was great to learn the basics on but not enough bike to get out of hand. You can throw them around pretty well in corners. Good job on taking the MSF course, it's pretty easy. Most people pass no problem.

Welcome to the show... You will enjoy it on here!

Thanks I hope so too. I am taking the basic rider course in July to get my endorsement (if I pass lol)

As for the course, it is pretty easy, just have to have confidence. When I took it I had two girls in the class that never rode before and they passed. So you should be fine...