New lady rider in Hamilton/West Chester area!

KawiGurl

Welcome KawiGurl. Sounds like you're trying to get some experience the correct way. Take it slow, don't let yourself get pushed beyond your limits. Clock a hundred miles, then 200 , then 500 over time. Build up your experience and get a good feel for what the machine and you can and can't do. When I first started to ride I put 100 miles on my bike all within a 2 mile radius of my house. Low speeds, lots of shifting, lots of braking and turning. All that becomes second nature with experience.

Taking the Basic Rider Course is a great move.

Remember, stupid happens fast on a motorcycle.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome newb! Good choice on starting out on the 250. I rode a few last year when they came out. It is a very fun bike!! Great to learn on and fun to play on as well. Its so light, easy to throw around fo sho! Enjoy the learning process! I hope you haz good gears... gear is important!

I am definitely trying to stay smart and safe while having fun learning. I appreciate the warm welcome I am glad I signed up here! I am def gonna rep the sticker soon its nice and will look mighty fine on my baby girl ;)

fleabay where I got the sliders and barends match came in a ninja kit. She looking for flush mounts to. I bought her under tail kit, slider with barends, oil cap, swing arm spools, roarz toys lowwing kit for chrismas easy to shop for her

yea i may lower mine a bit too. im 5'2 and i can touch but id feel better with more of my feet touching. and thanks to my dad dropping it i need a new brake lever so i am thinking of just getting them both replaced with aftermarket ones.

yea i may lower mine a bit too. im 5'2 and i can touch but id feel better with more of my feet touching. and thanks to my dad dropping it i need a new brake lever so i am thinking of just getting them both replaced with aftermarket ones.

So uhm, is that you in your avatar??

image.php?u=5429&dateline=1269546097Haley%2520Joel%2520Osment-5.JPG

yeah it is. do you think i look like haley joel osment? lol not seein it though

Actually there is another photo of a child actor out there that looks just like your avatar.. I couldnt find it thought but I remember seeing it from a movie and cant remember which one it was.