Going to MSP this Thursday

twincharge7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should read all of the posts before you make comments. I guess it was late when you posted and all of the excitement with Dane Cook could get to anybody.

Hey man, I was just joking around with you hence the finger: :thefinger::D

c'mon dude, what's up with the short fuse and it's not like we're a stranger? or dya want me to bring a different nurse for you? LOLOL :cheers:

Yes, i'm still in the mood of Dane Cook shit!!

Hey man, I was just joking around with you hence the finger: :thefinger::D

c'mon dude, what's up with the short fuse and it's not like we're a stranger? or dya want me to bring a different nurse for you? LOLOL :cheers:

Yes, i'm still in the mood of Dane Cook shit!!

I dont want a different nurse but one more couldnt hurt. :D

what have you done to your bike since I saw it last?

I dont want a different nurse but one more couldnt hurt. :D

what have you done to your bike since I saw it last?

hey hey, I'm not condoning the behavior!! sshhhh....your wife'll kill me man! In fact, she can cuz she's a nurse and physically, she can overpower me.

mods on the bike? more stickers, I really like 'mental' hp

future mods: 4 bling-bling gold exhaust tips like some people have ;);)

maybe he was thinking that the LE on the bike got him that extra .5 h.p. if thats the case my bike can be a gsx-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what LE? :dunno: last time i checked it's the same engine w/ regular R1s.

I know the stickers on my scooter really misrepresented siht. people have mistaken that w/ R1 lookalike.:mad::mad:

Good on ya to make the trip. Bananas had his R1 dyno'ed when several of us had custom maps made last winter (I guess it was earlier this year now that I think about it) and he gained 20 HP right in that dip you're talking about.

His bike put out about 154 HP and I'm thinking about the torque...Putty, do you remember?

Joe's printer was broken then, also. Perhaps he never bothered to get it fixed or get a new one. But the ZX-10 came in first, then my 1000RR, then the R1 was like only 3 lbs of torque right behind mine, it wasn't much. It was about 4 HP lower as well, if I remember right. I can't remember exactly. They were close, with the ZX-10 a good distance ahead of ours.

So I guess that means Putty should always be first! Right, Putty?...)

Well everyone I was there when they ran the bike on the dyno and it made

267 RWHP... yes thats at the rear wheel... I was impressed but thats what

you get when you put all that work into a bike!!! It was awesome.:kneel:

I thought the stock ZO6 only makes ~345 RWHP, even with the open-air element...oh...shit...this is a wrong forum, WTF r u talking about Vic?

Good on ya to make the trip. Bananas had his R1 dyno'ed when several of us had custom maps made last winter (I guess it was earlier this year now that I think about it) and he gained 20 HP right in that dip you're talking about.

His bike put out about 154 HP and I'm thinking about the torque...Putty, do you remember?

Joe's printer was broken then, also. Perhaps he never bothered to get it fixed or get a new one. But the ZX-10 came in first, then my 1000RR, then the R1 was like only 3 lbs of torque right behind mine, it wasn't much. It was about 4 HP lower as well, if I remember right. I can't remember exactly. They were close, with the ZX-10 a good distance ahead of ours.

bwhahahaha...I laugh so hard at the people especially, R1 owners, who spends so much money on aftermarket full exhaust systems (~$1500-2000)and its level 1. I twicked my stock exhaust (for $130) and get the same level 1 and of course at the end, produces the same hp.

Johnny, when r we going to ride again? ;) ;)

You guys and your hp numbers...:roll: Which one of you is teh best rider? HP ain't gonna matter if you suck at riding the thing... Better rider doesn't mean you can go straight, either.

I have a lowly ol' 750 with only 140 on pump that I'd run against ANY of those liter bikes. Drag race, no. Well, maybe - I haven't drag raced in a while, though. Twisties, you bet...

Now, if I had to run against someone like Drew on a liter bike, I'd have my hands full. I'd have to use some unique passing moves, but you get the idea...

Not sure what these level 1 things are as this isn't tuner car stuff. Slapping on a high end exhaust is a waste of money when you can gain as much hp with a lower end system and yet save money. A few pounds isn't enough to feel as 7lbs equals 1hp. So, if you save 14 pounds over the lower end system, what, you actually going to notice a 2hp loss? No.

Until you guys crack open the ENTIRE engine and loosen stuff up, mil, deck, lap in certain things, do small tweaks internally, etc., you're still going to be comparing apples to apples. Sure, the R1 may have less hp than the CBR, but the R1 handles better. The ZX10 may have the most, but it handles like a school bus and doesn't turn. The GSXR is probably the best overall, but seemingly, no one likes them so... However, in the end, each liter bike is so damn close that working on your riding and suspension will net better results than trick exhausts, multiple dyno runs to find 2-3 more hp, etc.

You guys need to try a superstock liter bike and understand what 170-180 hp really means when it is set-up well. Superbike hp numbers are tough, but there aren't too many people that can handle over 180 anyways so, Superstock is where it is at. Sure, each bike tends to be tougher than the other to make good numbers. 5 valve Yamahas are tougher than the newer 4 valve. The CBRs are tough because they just aren't really as race oriented as the others. The Kaw makes KILLER hp stock and in tuned form are potent, but again, handles like shit. The GSXR is a good all around machine and easy to get fast, but still takes some doing in getting it away from that street set-up. Chassis set-up on the GSXR is either good or you go the wrong way... and it sucks...

But, who cares if you can't ride the damn thing? Looks good at the local Rally's and even goes pretty fast in the roll ons on the freeway, but take it to Mid-O and ride it well takes a steady and experienced hand... Most the time, smaller liter bikes go around quicker and the reason isn't because they have more hp...