First Carbon wrap project done

35RFTW

While you are adding weight and extreme cost to your parts others will be spending 1/4 the money and adding so little weight it would be measured in grams. Don't think this stuff doesn't require some skill. I have seen some botched jobs. Real carbon wrapping is mug harder no doubt(done that before as well), but this will serve the purpose for 99% or people.

Personally never been a Fan of Faux CF.

I prefer to wrap in the real deal.....Just actually takes a bit of time, skill, talent, and luck.

Eh so maybe the CF stuff isn't your thing, some of the other color wraps look sweet on race bodywork and doubles as a little protection for the bike if you decide to put the rubber side up.

Don't get me wrong..the piece looks great and you did a good Job.

I am a CF Addict...so I got into doing stuff out of real CF.

That stuff you have looks nice...WHat is it...Neffy Wrap?

Thanks for the compliment.

Nope... This is the real deal 3M stuff. Neffy Wrap isn't that bad, but I don't think has near the life expectancy of 3M on outdoor applications. Neffy is more car interior stuff. Big order coming in this week hopefully. Doing an Evo 8 roof and some ZX10 lowers so more pictures to come!

While you are adding weight and extreme cost to your parts others will be spending 1/4 the money and adding so little weight it would be measured in grams. Don't think this stuff doesn't require some skill. I have seen some botched jobs. Real carbon wrapping is mug harder no doubt(done that before as well), but this will serve the purpose for 99% or people.

For sure. Looks great, you did a good job.

• 4 weeks later...
^^^ Why do you say no. This stuff is cheap and replaceable. Paint is not. We can put it anywhere someone desires.

Because this is not a "high-wear" item.. Its just a replaceable item.. The wearing through will occur either way and as soon as you wear into the weave, the CF is going to look even worse then where a boot rubs paint off.

The fact is that if he is worried about wear in those areas then he should just leave his bike in the garage and not ride it.