Revolution in Kyrgyzstan

Casper

One of my software vendors is in Kyrgystan. They sent an email saying they're experiencing internet outages because of what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4UjvBHj1c

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/04/07/kyrgyzstan.emergency.riots/index.html?hpt=T2

Wow. The government just started shooting people walking towards the presidential office.

Thats what you get for outsourcing your IT shite to a 3rd... wait a min.. 5th world country.. No reason to have any software or support coming from them IMO..

Also, if you are in a massive gang and choose to rush the government buildings where you know you will be shot for doing so, and you still do it... Enjoy the hot lead shower you receive.

No sympathy here.

Edited by flounder

Thats what you get for outsourcing your IT shite to a 3rd... wait a min.. 5th world country.. No reason to have any software or support coming from them IMO..

Also, if you are in a massive gang and choose to rush the government buildings where you know you will be shot for doing so, and you still do it... Enjoy the hot lead shower you receive.

No sympathy here.

Uh..... Yeah.......

No outsourcing dude.... They make a piece of software called Dolphin that I use for some development sites. It's opensource. They have agents and developers all over the world. Way to jump to conclusions and be judgemental.

www.boonex.com

Looks like things are getting serious. Government media buildings seized, a governor's office seized and replaced by an opposition leader, things are heating up indeed. Truly hope it works out for them and doesn't fizzle out like the Green Uprising did last year in Iran.

Once the Greenies lost the ability to organize and plan, it fell apart. Their message was anchored on thousands of people showing up in the same spot. The Iranian govt made that impossible and turned it into a few people here and there in the streets which were easy to pick off and intimidate. Hopefully...they are still out there biding their time.

Once the Greenies lost the ability to organize and plan, it fell apart. Their message was anchored on thousands of people showing up in the same spot. The Iranian govt made that impossible and turned it into a few people here and there in the streets which were easy to pick off and intimidate. Hopefully...they are still out there biding their time.

It doesn't help that Montazeri bought it a few months back either.

Makes you appreciate living in the States, no?

Not saying this couldn't happen here...but in some countries things like this are the norm, rather than the exception.

"Demonstrators furious over government corruption and a recent hike in power prices"

Good for them. They rarely get an opportunity to stand up for what is important.

I'd be the last one to become violent over some non survival issue. But take my food and water and I will kill you.

Iv been to Kyrgyzstan on a deployment with the Air Force and when we were allowed to go off base to the capital Bishkek, it really wasnt that bad of a place (Hence why we were allowed to go off base in the first place) and I would go back if there was a reason to without thinking twice about it.

Uh..... Yeah.......

No outsourcing dude.... They make a piece of software called Dolphin that I use for some development sites. It's opensource. They have agents and developers all over the world. Way to jump to conclusions and be judgemental.

:lol: