SpeedoDRD Plug n Play 07-10 CBR600RR

jonni black

Hi All,

Recently I was selected by 12'oclock Labs ( http://www.12oclocklabs.com/ ) to road test the new plug and play speedo healer. If you have ever swapped out your stock sprockets you are aware that by changing the amount of teeth on your spockets throws off your speedometer reading. This speedo healer is this first plug n play calibrator for the 2007-2010 CBR600RR (all other calibrators require wire splicing)

Anyhow I figured I would do a write up on the simplicity of installing of the speedoDRD. I am by no means the most mechanically inclined person and this is my first DIY write so please bear with me and feel free to contribute.

IMG00074-20100319-1629.jpg

The speed sensor is located above the transmission and below the gas tank. The easiest way to access the sensor is by removing the tank fairing, and tank bolts

IMG00076-20100320-0754.jpg

Once the tank fairing has been removed located the speed sensor wire harness located above the transmission. (the speed sensor harness has violet, green, and pink wires on one side and red,

back, white and green on the other)

IMG00077-20100320-0755.jpg

After locateing the wiring harness disconnect it and connect the speedoDRD directly to the male and female ends of the speed sensor.

IMG00076-20100320-0758.jpg

IMG00083-20100320-1233.jpg

IMG00087-20100320-1235.jpg

once you have it connected you can either run it out the side near the shift rod

IMG00077-20100320-0759.jpg

or route it up above your airbox

IMG00085-20100320-1235.jpg

i choose to route it above the airbox. reason being is that i was required to do a quick roadtest and verify that the maxspeed feature was working properly. in order to perform this test you have to be able to access the board rather easily after riding (it only save the maxspeed from your most recent ride). for the roadtest i used zip ties to mount the sensor slightly above the shift rod. above the transmission near the original speed sensor harness. after a quick five mile ride i tested the max speed feature and noticed that the board got extremely hot. a little worried i would melt the board i choose to reroute the board above the airbox. by doing this i will not be able to use the max speed feature unless i remove the tank fairing.

12 o'clock labs has a calculator on there website to determine your calibration factor. they use an equation based on your stock sprocket teeth and what you have changed them to. in my case my stock sprockets were 16, and 42. my aftermarket sprockets are 15, and 43. my cal factor is -10.4% using that cal factor programming the sensor took less than 5 minutes. got it right the first time and once the test is complete it verifies the cal factor. 12 o'clock labs also has a youtube vid on programming the sensor.

i am sure i forgot something, and will add it as needed. that is all for now thanks for reading my first DIY. i hope my broken grammar didnt give you a headache.

Edited by jonni black