Flogging a Dead Horse...

Coyote

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-malcolm-mclaren9-2010apr09,0,363497.story

“Our culture has become something that is completely and utterly in love with its parent. It's become a notion of boredom that is bought and sold, where nothing will happen except that people will become more and more terrified of tomorrow, because the new continues to look old, and the old will always look cute.”

:rip:

Whatever you think of him, the guy mainstreamed one of the greatest underground musical genres ever and made famous arguably the greatest punk band to ever grace the earth.

Gottdamn, I hope you don't mean the New York Dolls...:D

It's arguable that the Sex Pistols were among the greatest Punk bands of all time. Certainly they were among the most influential, as far as the genre goes. Personally, I like the Dead Kennedys or the Dropkick Murphys better, when I'm in a punk-related mood.

Of course, saying the Pistols were the greatest punk band of all time is kind of like saying that the V-Rod is the fastest Harley.

...but the Pistols were the British version of The Monkees - let's face it.

I LOL'd.

Kinda, but not really...

Application of the symmetric property of equality would proffer that the Monkees are the American version of the Sex Pistols...(I LOL'd harder).

I think that defining any band as the “Greatest Punk Rock Band of All Time” would miss the point of the genre.

Wow... I LOVE the Monkeys.

"Hey! Hey! We're the Monkeys. People say we monkey around' date=' but we're too busy singin' to put anybody down. We're just tryin' to be friendly... la, la, lalalala... la, la, lalalala... la, la, la, lalalala!!!"

:lol:

Now I can't stop my head from bobbing side to side. LoLoL..[/quote']

Stepping Stone's still one of my faves ;)