urine tests

jeremygsxr

I've never had to take a urine test for any job...

i've had to take one to GET a job, and I think that's fair - the employer has a right to know the legitimate habits of who they're hiring. If you don't want to tell them, then they don't want to give you a job. Fine.

now once you ARE hired, I don't like my employer nosing into my business unless my work is suffering.

Government assistance is not the same at all. My boss has no vested interest in how i spend my money (legally or illegally). I am payed in exchange for the services I perform for my employer.

The government does (or at least should) have a vested interest in how welfare, unemployment, etc. is being spent, because people receive it in exchange for... NOTHING. I guess in the case of unemployment, you're required to be actively looking for a job. Even so, passing a drug test sure as hell helped me get a job in the past.

the temp agency I was at couldnt' find me anything for 3 weeks. they finally asked if i could take a drug test. I did, and had 3 jobs lined up within 3 days. they kept me busy the rest of the summer.

The drug test is a screening process, one that has a bigger impact on the recruiting success than any other form. You can BS your way in an interview but may have a harder time with the drug test.